Suspension Troubles

-

Dartman1969

69 Dart Custom
Reaction score
So I have a 69 Dart 2 door hardtop, slant 6, AT.
Drove it around the block today for the first time in 10 years. Pulling back into the driveway I heard a big bang. Well long story short the left rear spring pocket collapsed. Suggestions???
:banghead:
Thanks
~Michael

cut and weld...

gonna have to cut that area out of another good vehicle... bummer is if that has rusted thru you might not like how far back you have to go to fix it... like a whole rear sub frame lol

Same thing was wrong with my 73 Duster. I found "Auto Rust Technicians" They make a cap that fits great goes down the frame partially andfills in the boxed area for the shackle area.. You can buy right or left side or both. There part numbers are ART-15-L, ART-15-R, or ART-15-S.. Website is www.autorust.com see page 10.. Little pricey but well worth the money... Phone Number 800-407-7024

19 Again:
Thank you for the information. Year one sells a similar repair panel for $142. AMD makes just the rear spring pocket for $50.

Anyone use either of these products?
~Michael

Only trouble with getting just the rear spring pocket is, if the rust involves more than the spring pocket, (and it probably does), getting just the pocket will be useless. Best thing to do is get under it and really LOOK.

StrokerScamp;
I got it up in the air yesterday and inspected it. The frame rail itself is solid. No indication of a rust problem at all. It looks as if the exhaust was leaking right into the spring pocket and caused the corrosion that destroyed the spring pocket. The car is an original California car and has been mostly garaged since its arrival in the pacific north west. The overall body is very solid and only has some minor surface rust areas on the floor pan where the wiper pivots leaked.
Pictures can be seen here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=155844
~Michael

-
Back