suspension upgrades

-

Scamper

Reaction score
I would like some advice boys and girls please.

engine: 408 xe268h 9.7 comp all forged
r/t heads 2.02
904 w/2400 stall
ss springs - 002/003
Now what do I do to suspension and tires to get this all to hook.
Car will be going to local shop for weld in frame connectors as soon as motor is ready.
I want the wheel wells left stock and no slicks and I am running an 8 3/4 w/4.10
No sense in having a nice motor if all I do is spin.

Suggestions appreciated

Don

/6 or drag T-bars and sticky tires.

Just a thought but it also might help if you stated what car you're working with.

1971 Plymouth Scamp
As far as tires which brand size rim and size back spacing etc Torsion bars any particular brand?
This is my time to do it as the build will be coming together soon.

Don

Loosen up the front suspension so the weight will transfer........good bushings , tubular upper arms with heim joints , good shocks ( adjustable ) lighter torsion bars , trunk mounted battery , travel limiters.........rubber bump stops work better than a hard stop like a cable or such.
Those are the basics.
Copy what stock eliminator guys do and you can't go wrong.

Forgot to add.........punch that rubber bushing out of the front of your S/S springs..........take a piece of 1 1/2 " aluminum round stock and make a solid front spring eye bushing. I drilled it in a lathe and made a steel sleeve for the bolt to ride on.

255-70-R15 on a 15x7 with 4.25 backspace with HD Springs fit real nice.
If you dont want to lift do 235-70-R15 on a 15x7 with 4.25 backspace and Stock replacement spring
As for traction you could do Calvert Racing's Caltracs.
Slapper bars (Traction Bars) dont work on Mopar that is what the pinion snubber is for.
Go here for a lot of suspension upgrades http://firmfeel.com/a.htm
Do thicker torsion Bars and the quad shock my buddy said it works good for what it is.

-
Back