swap meet

-

69DARTS

69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
went to a swap meet today all makes well they did have some moparstuff anyway guy had a tranymount asked if he would take less and he says i will throw it away first so my friend had some stuff in in his hand heard that put it all down and said lets keep moving no sale at all what a dumbass

dont you just love that. i have been both the buyer and the seller. last week i went to the garlits swap meet down here. the prices these guys wanted were crazy, but some took my offers. it was 10am and one vendor sold me a carb fuel inlet pipe for 5 bucks and he said that was his first sale of the day. a lot of lookers but not much buyers. with the economy like it is you would think they would want to deal with you. to set up a space at garlits is around 60 to 70 bucks the last time i checked. hopefully that guy at least got his space paid for.

when i have gone as a seller , i want to get rid of it all, so i really make deals for people but i wouldnt give something a way. but i sure wouldnt say i would throw it away first either, to me a fair used price is half what it was new.

At Daytona Beach "the Turkey Rod Run" is a huge event in November. I go each year and I meet good & bad people selling "stuff and cars". I met a couple of guys from N. Carolina and both were trying to sell their cars there. The one guy looked at me and with a straight face and said my wife said "don't come back up here with that car, I have to sell it". And come Sat. late afternoon and early Sun. prices drop especially with the out of state things. And of course I have met my share of people selling what they think are "Ruby Slippers" and think this is Oz and won't budge on price.

I always figure half of new is a good price at swap meets. Some think thier stuff is worth new price an your stuff is not worth anything. Been on both sides.

dont you just love that. i have been both the buyer and the seller. last week i went to the garlits swap meet down here. the prices these guys wanted were crazy, but some took my offers. it was 10am and one vendor sold me a carb fuel inlet pipe for 5 bucks and he said that was his first sale of the day. a lot of lookers but not much buyers. with the economy like it is you would think they would want to deal with you. to set up a space at garlits is around 60 to 70 bucks the last time i checked. hopefully that guy at least got his space paid for.

when i have gone as a seller , i want to get rid of it all, so i really make deals for people but i wouldnt give something a way. but i sure wouldnt say i would throw it away first either, to me a fair used price is half what it was new.
and i agree 100% i asked if he would take 5 dollars less he could have had 2 sales but got none

-
Back