swapping buckets between bodies?

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
What buckets will swap into an A-body? I see that B-bodies have very similar buckets in them. Is the bolt holes in the seats the same dimensions to be able to bolt on A-body tracks?

Depends on the year, etc. I am using 73 challenger buckets in my dart sport, but with the appropriate a-body tracks.

Thats what I was getting at. If I got the correct year tracks for my car would any mopar high back bucket bolt to the tracks?

As long as you have a-body seat tracks B and E body buckets will all work

As long as you have a-body seat tracks B and E body buckets will all work

Thanks that was the straight forward answer I was looking for. I thought this was the case but I have nothing to reference the measurements.

oh and lastly my car was originally a bench seat car. I see the dimples in the floor for the inside tracks. Do I just drill these out to 3/8" and weld in a small plate for extra support? where should the plate go, inside or outside?

I bolted 73 Charger seats in to my 75 Dart sport.You have drill where the bucket seats would go,you will see little dimples in the floor and that is where you drill.I had to use a few spacers to make the seats fit.

Yes cut some 3"x3" plates and the will go on the inside.If you need pics I can take a few.

I put 67 Sport Fury buckets in a 67 fish a long time ago. The seat bottom was too wide. A-body console wouldn't allow the seast to move forward and I had to open the door to get a hand on that release lever.
I guess if you dont need to move the seat forward its not a problem.

-
Back