swapping heads...great article

-
RogerK,

My mid life Chrysler was a 67 formula s Fastback...bought it on a whim...already had a 69 GT Vert...was in the doghouse for quite a long time.

RogerK,

My mid life Chrysler was a 67 formula s Fastback...bought it on a whim...already had a 69 GT Vert...was in the doghouse for quite a long time.

That's why I keep the projects small, like an engine upgrade. I can spread the costs out some and stay out of the dog house at the same time! there have been a few times I wanted to pick up a new project, but I keep reminding myself to finish my 66 'Cuda first.

You guys are a riot!! I can do whatever I want as long as my wife doesn't find out. She's not a motor head so if I say I'm changing my rear end grease (when I'm actually swapping read ends) she doesn't know the difference!! Cash only (no credit card, leaves a trail)
I tell my wife "engine isn't running right" and needs a tune up... so I replace the engine with a stroker while she's at work and tell her I fixed it!!

Life in GOOD!!!

treblig in tex

You guys are a riot!! I can do whatever I want as long as my wife doesn't find out. She's not a motor head so if I say I'm changing my rear end grease (when I'm actually swapping read ends) she doesn't know the difference!! Cash only (no credit card, leaves a trail)
I tell my wife "engine isn't running right" and needs a tune up... so I replace the engine with a stroker while she's at work and tell her I fixed it!!

Life in GOOD!!!

treblig in tex

If I spent enough cash to purchase a new project or to buy all the parts/labor for an engine upgrade at one time the following would happen.

1) Guilt trip for spending money on "stuff" and not the mortgage payment. :violent1:
2) Cold shoulder/ silent treatment because shes so pissed. :angryfir:
3 and most important) No Sex. :wack:

So to summarize, smaller projects with costs spread out overtime + extra cash set aside for planned upgrades = more sex for me. :toothy10:

My wife is pretty savy and understanding. I usually get what I need, i just have to wait sometimes. :thumbup:

RogerK,

LOL, on the dog house happens with every purchase with me.

I remember buying a pop-up camper off my neighbor cheap for like $600, I just bought it off him because he needed money, planned on selling it in the spring, well the first time the wife camped in it she said never again will she sleep in a tent, 6 years later we are still using the camper, AC still blows cold. I win......

Bought a 48 willys CJ-2A basket case really bad shape, I mean really bad, ended up only using the power train after rebuilding it.
Replaced everything, frame off resto, I spent 20K in parts and done all the work myself. Wife likes it.
I win.........

Bought a 73 duster that ran, or at least it used to before I tore it apart.
Wife asked me why I bought it when she seen it sitting in the driveway, I said it was a good deal $800 318 aluminum intake, 4-bbl engine dress up kit, auto, duel exhaust, rough front bench with a big hole in the floor.
Patched the floor, thru a 4-speed and 8.75 in it, tuned the 318 and ran it for a couple of years.
Sold the 318 with the original auto and the duel exhaust to a guy for $650. Currently in restortion, wife now makes fun of the Summit boxes / packages that randomly show up on the front porch.
I don't know if it is a win, but she approves.

Two dodge pickups showed up within a day of each other.
One a guy at work gave to me 88 Dakota, I actually told my wife about this one, it had a dead miss in the motor, turned out to be a burnet exhaust valve, fixed the truck, put 4 new tires and steering rack and gave to the youngest daughter, she still has the truck, I had about $550 in it, nice looking rust free truck cheap.
Wife said the daughter got a nice first vehicle.

The second Dodge truck is a 78 power wagon, 318, 4-speed, standard cab, short wheel base, it had low miles 79K, bought off the original owner.
He got too old to drive, every corner was banged.
100% original, came with the original bill of sale, including the trade in info.
The old guy was not a car guy, so the motor only got oil and the gas tank filled.
Complete grease ball engine, tranny, transfer case, rear end, took 2 hrs with the pressure washer to see what color the engine was.
Made the old truck reliable as possible, the wife and my 71 year old dad use the truck more than I do.
I win........

2012 Dodge Challenger, hemi 6-speed, the wife is still pissed.
It just showed up in the driveway, she rode in it once.
She is pissed.
It is my DD.
Did I mention she is still pissed off after 4 months?
Dog house still.
Money is a non-issue in our house, but she hates this car.

all u guys are hilarious when I reed theis but sad thing is it is all true as im married also lol lol lol

-
Back