Sway Bar Interference

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Car is a 68 Barracuda with a factory sway bar. Getting ready to go through the front end so I may as well go BBP Disc up front. Will the swap interfere with the factory sway bar? I know it can interfere with some aftermarket. Just wanting to know before I go to the yard and gather parts.

Thanks

Car is a 68 Barracuda with a factory sway bar. Getting ready to go through the front end so I may as well go BBP Disc up front. Will the swap interfere with the factory sway bar? I know it can interfere with some aftermarket. Just wanting to know before I go to the yard and gather parts.

Thanks

Not if you mount the calipers facing the Rear, like the factory did, on those cars.
BBP disc spindles, can be swapped side to side, to get the calipers facing the rear.

Some owners have used very short end link kits and attached the sway bar below the lower arm bracket rather than above. Advantage is proper spindle/caliper placement and proper hoses. Only disadvantage is a little ground clearance. The small diameter end link stems are easy to bend. There have been pics of this setup in the forums.

-
Back