Sweet Tea

-

mrdodge69

Reaction score
Ok this is "NOT" a poll, I am NOT looking into anyone's garbage day pickup or when your at home or not. All I am after is a Recipe for Sweet Tea or Iced Tea as reffered to up here. My 2 teenage sons tend to drink a ton of it & at $4-5 a gallon at the grocery store. So just looking for an Awsome recipe.

& Regular Bacon is Better... :D

Thanks!!!

We use a large glass jar with a lid, hang tea bags into the water with the tags outside of the jar and loosely set the lid on and set it out in the sun. In the winter we set it on the window sill it takes a little longer. Add sugar to taste.

I don't like mine real sweet, just enough to ward of the bitter.

Yeah, you`ll save a ton, and homemade is better.
I speed up the process. Quart-1/2? pan of filtered water, 6 of the small normal size tea bags, tags clipped to outside lip. heat on low, put 3/4 cup sugar to 1 gallon pitcher, dump hot tea in, stir till dissolved, fill rest of the way up with cold water, stirring well. use lipton:D

If you want sweet tea. Take 2 tea bags and boil them. Then put about 4 cups of sugar in a gallon pitch. Mix them together. Make sure in the pitch the sugar is in there before you pour your tea in there. That's the way we make it in Alabama.

being raised in the deep south and the home of sweet tea, like he said, make the tea with boilin wtaer , and add sugar to taste and fill rest with cold wtaer stir. only secret is the sugar has to disolve, won;t desolve in cold tea, sun tea is great in hot weather, then ya gotta decide if to use Lipton or Nestea!!!???? LOL next feed the kid grits , greens, and jowls and save on your grocery bill! good luck BILL

4 cups of sugar?
That makes my teeth hurt just reading it.:toothy9:

7 tea bags in a coffee maker (I wait tell the teabags get soaked before putting pot to catch it)wen done take a spoon press the juice out of bags into a gal.picture with whats in the pot.then fill the pot with ice and put that in your picture if to strong ad more ice. and sweeten to taste ( I use 3/4 cup sugar)Or you can buy a ice tea maker for less then 20.00 bucks.............I like my tea strong thats why I soak the bags............Artie

We have an ice tea maker works good.
As far as sweet tea I don't like sugar in mine unless it's really bitter or I'll have a cookie with it.:D

Why in the world would you buy a tea maker if you can boil water?

Two large tea bags hanging in a pitcher, add boiling water (tea pot w/whistle works well). Pour water into pitcher (make sure it is plastic, glass pitcher will shatter unless it is Pyrex or such). Add 3/4 to a cup of sugar in pitcher and let bags seep. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add water to fill pitcher to top. Stir well. Refrigerate to keep from souring. We go through a pitcher a day in our house.

im gonna keep this simple lol
we use a coffee maker and just put two lipton tea bags in it in place of the coffee filter
add water to the water part and turn the switch on.
put a coffee cup (or close to it) of sugar into a tea pitcher
pour the tea into the sugar and then fill the pitcher the rest of the way with water and stir
so basically
step 1. two tea bags in a coffee maker
2. sugar in a pitcher
3. add tea and water
4. stir lol

cups of sugar that ain't tea, that is sugar water with a little tea.
We use Luzianne tea lot better than Lipton. Also if you want to mess with them get it in decafe. 1 cup of sugar to a quart of boiled tea(4 family size bags of tea)

1/2 gallon pitcher:
4 bags of Lipton black tea
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup suger

put bags in 2 cups cold water, bring to boil. Put 1/2 cup sugar in pitcher. Dump boiling tea into pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves. top off pitcher with water, mix. Serve luke warm tea over about 5 cubes of freezer ice in a tall glass. First sip is chugable, about room temp, then its cold and not syrup sweet. Add about a cap full of lemon juice if needed. I grew up on this recipe, never had a soft drink or anything else for dinner at home until...never! She used the same small AL boiling pan for at least 17 years..

I find the sweet tea they serve at McDonalds disgustingly sweet.

If you want sweet tea. Take 2 tea bags and boil them. Then put about 4 cups of sugar in a gallon pitch. Mix them together. Make sure in the pitch the sugar is in there before you pour your tea in there. That's the way we make it in Alabama.

Right after it is done boiling turn the stove off and add a small amount of baking soda.

Tea bags in boiling water, add water and whatever sugar. Slowly cut the sugar down to 0. That's some iced tea.

my way - get a mr. coffee maker - for goodness sake DON'T make coffee in it. 5 tea bags - i generally use lipton, i also occasionally add 1 flavored bag (mint, blueberry, raspberry, etc.) run 1 pot thru & dump in a 1 gallon container (i prefer glass) with 2/3 cup of sugar. stir well. run another pot of water thru the same tea bags & add it to the jug. top up with cold water. you don't have 5 minutes of work in the whole thing.

my way - get a mr. coffee maker - for goodness sake DON'T make coffee in it. 5 tea bags - i generally use lipton, i also occasionally add 1 flavored bag (mint, blueberry, raspberry, etc.) run 1 pot thru & dump in a 1 gallon container (i prefer glass) with 2/3 cup of sugar. stir well. run another pot of water thru the same tea bags & add it to the jug. top up with cold water. you don't have 5 minutes of work in the whole thing.

Exactly lol
A mr. Coffee maker is what like $20 now a days? And i use two lipton bags but their the larger ones that are about the size of a folded dollar. Makes that $3 box of tea last about a week or so.
Gonna have to try the flavors now though lol they sound tastey

cups of sugar that ain't tea, that is sugar water with a little tea.
We use Luzianne tea lot better than Lipton. Also if you want to mess with them get it in decafe. 1 cup of sugar to a quart of boiled tea(4 family size bags of tea)
Ive had marys tea she makes some good tea !

-
Back