Swinging for Divorce…

-
Finished fixing my harness today… after I finished my harness I finished my dash bezels… :rofl:

after my dash bezels I opened the box with some more dash parts and the heater box restore kit from Detroit muscle.

So now to finish my dash all I need is the radio, the speaker, heater box with a/c and the heater w/ a/c dash unit.

Maybe at the swap meet I’ll find the heater/ac stuff.

The radio will be one of those new retro radios with Bluetooth and stuff.

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpeg

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg

Haven’t done much.

I’m not good at this body work stuff …. I’ll let a professional finish it.

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh good news. Our guy BrianT here on FABO who had his dart stolen, well his friend bought the car from the auction for the drive train.

I am going to buy a whole list of parts off it. Pretty much the entire interior and some exterior pieces. Figure I can use some parts on the new dart and some on the old purple dart.

IMG_2804.jpeg

Sorry man. I got the steering wheel, kick panels, and sun visors off of it Friday for the Duster. It doesn't have a 3 speed motor, but a nice rebuilt two speed.

Sorry man. I got the steering wheel, kick panels, and sun visors off of it Friday for the Duster. It doesn't have a 3 speed motor, but a nice rebuilt two speed.

Damn, you’re killing me lol. It’s ok those weren’t “needs” as I have brand new sun visors already just figured getting another set couldn’t be a bad thing.

Stole springs off the car today and put them on the purple car. Figured May as well use the brand new SS springs on the purple car while this one is in shambles.

Purple car gained about 1.5in or ride height in the rear, and it rides WAY better.

IMG_2879.jpeg

IMG_2880.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

IMG_2882.jpeg

70518910804__0D5A98CC-682F-43B6-A25D-085F1D75A484.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2878.jpeg

Last edited:
Still haven’t found/gotten a heater control unit with a/c or gotten a heaterbox with ac.

Well technically I found a heaterbox with ac in Colorado but it’s $1200! Fully restored but still.. $1200 is a lot of hookers a blow.

Kind of at a stand still. Don’t know what to do. Maybe I should drop the transmission and cut the holes for the floor shifter. Or maybe I should buy the parts to convert the steering column to floor shift…

I’m supposed to be getting a paint quote on the car tomorrow

Doc, take a breath, step back - look at your bank account - look at your pile of parts - do what you can do with what you have on hand, also would be good if you can find a store that isn't sold out of patience so you can go get a new batch - I seemingly keep doing the same as you and end up with another car or can't seem o finish anything - theres a reason some of these builds on here have gone on for years - enjoy the journey - you will likely be better off and not end up with more excess stuff that you end up just being a storage facility for.

Go Facebook 's Mopars Unlimited and some other sistes here and place a wanted ad for parts needed. Then always be sure to check out the seller as to not be a scammer that has slithered in just like you would anywhere.

Remember Rome was not built in just one day.. it was built over a long holliday weekend with lots of union overtime.

with the car being as 'non standard as it already is wouldn't you be better off with an aftermarket ac system? it won't need refurbing/resealing/rehosing etc etc which means the 'cheaper' used factory setup won't be by the time you've done all that. plus the new systems tend to be smaller so easier to package, under the dash for example.
neil.

with the car being as 'non standard as it already is wouldn't you be better off with an aftermarket ac system? it won't need refurbing/resealing/rehosing etc etc which means the 'cheaper' used factory setup won't be by the time you've done all that. plus the new systems tend to be smaller so easier to package, under the dash for example.
neil.

This is actually what I have been thinking of doing. I still need the heater control unit with ac, to put it in the dash and make it look “correct”

Doc, take a breath, step back - look at your bank account - look at your pile of parts - do what you can do with what you have on hand, also would be good if you can find a store that isn't sold out of patience so you can go get a new batch - I seemingly keep doing the same as you and end up with another car or can't seem o finish anything - theres a reason some of these builds on here have gone on for years - enjoy the journey - you will likely be better off and not end up with more excess stuff that you end up just being a storage facility for.

I got no patience and I dont want a 5 year project. When I find the parts I need I will buy them, I need to just stop being a cheap ***.

I will probably end up with a **** load of excess parts haha. Like look at my new grill… it’s a 67 grill and I don’t have a 67. Just another excess part. Also got some tail light housings with it.

I’m avoiding widows and inside the door **** right now…

70528151365__CDCB625D-4924-455A-8DC8-B7AC439EBF59.jpeg

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2912.jpeg

Last edited:
I got no patience and I dont want a 5 year project. When I find the parts I need I will buy them, I need to just stop being a cheap ***.

I will probably end up with a **** load of excess parts haha. Like look at my new grill…

I’m avoiding widows and inside the door **** right now…

View attachment 1716089143

View attachment 1716089144

View attachment 1716089145
Wait am I missing something? That's a 67 Dart grille and I thought you had a 69 grille in an earlier post .
Are you putting 67 fenders on it?

Wait am I missing something? That's a 67 Dart grille and I thought you had a 69 grille in an earlier post .
He has a '69 but also got a basket case earlier Dart not long ago. He has another thread on that one....

He has a '69 but also got a basket case earlier Dart not long ago. He has another thread on that one....

I didn’t get the basket case 67… I only got this basket case 69 and I have my purple 69 as well.

I got this 67 grill just because it was nice and I decided I needed it. I also edited the post above to be more informative as to not confuse anyone else.

Sorry my adhd gets going 100 mph and I go all over the place. Hence why I have 10 different projects going on at once… story time

I went out to work on my dash earlier today… realized my garage was messy… so I started picking up the garage and saw I was out of SEM paint so ordered more. Then saw the old rear springs and knew I needed to install them in the copper car, so I did that. Then finished cleanig up the garage before going to pick up my SEM paint… I then realized my new dash board gauge circuits haven’t come in yet, so my dash is still sitting on the bench not put together…

IMG_2993.jpeg

70571785915__B33E3DC2-08CA-4153-8586-8B85DC98547D.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg

Last edited:

I have 2 69 darts, this new copper car and I have a purple 69.

I started cleaning up the grill to this car and I will refinish it to look like my purple 69s grill, I did the purple cars grill a couple years ago.

This 67 grill is one my buddy found and it was nice so I bought it. It was only 60 bucks, with tail light housings and the 67 front GT grill emblem, but shipping was 120. The 67 grill is wall ornament now.

The fenders on this copper car are 69 fenders.

The purple car has a thread… called Dartin for Divorce If you want a weeks worth of comedy reading have fun.

IMG_2991.jpeg

IMG_2920.jpeg

IMG_2982.jpeg

Ah yes gotta love some nice wall art
I knew about and have read the thread on your purple 69 I was just wondering if you were trying to put a 67 front end on this 69.
Thanks for clarifying and keeping up the great work your cars look great.

Doc long ago a wise old Southern Mopar car guy once said and I quote: A man (or woman) an never have too many old Darts!" :poke: Get'em while ya can he said. :steering: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag:

Little things today. Bought a whole bunch of screws for the dash, #8 3/8in long.

Finished the ash tray assembly. Reprimed then repainted the glove box (had to fill the holes where the “dart 270” emblem was).

Then messed with the speedo gauge needle and the metal Speedo part.

I’m going to email Yearone tomorrow and ask where my circuit board and switch are. If they are shipped I may get a refund and buy from somewhere else.

I also realized when buying new bezels they don’t come with the clear lens, so either have to buy a new lens or use an old lens. I’ll see if one of my old ones is pretty nice and hopefully can reuse one.

70372557896__80A17079-B773-4A34-948F-3D4CF32C8D4D.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2780.jpeg

IMG_2846.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

IMG_2998.jpeg

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3008.jpeg

Oh I see the '69 market lights in quarter panels of basket case car. '67 grill wall art. So two '69s and wall art grill. Thanks for getting that cleared up.

-
Back