Switching Carb/header issues.

-

Colin.C

Reaction score
So i am running on my 225 /6 stock intake and headers.. i am considering upgrading to a new intake and headers. i can not find a 1 brl intake manifold only 4brl ones i wouldnt mind switching to a 4 brl carter carb i have had one on another project and liked it but how much will that effect my gas millage? i am getting around 18town 20hwy with the single..

thoughts? and where in the world can i get a set of headers... i know summit carries the hooker comps but they look like they will not fit cause of my starter being in the way.. i think i need shorty?

let me know what yall think.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Colin.C

what kind of car do you have??

and for a stock motor a set of headers and intake are a waste...

now if you are planning on milling the head, light porting, and maybe some cam then it would be a good upgrade...

Attachments

• Wyotech SL6 (7).JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Wyotech SL6 (61).JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 101_4399.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 134
its a 64 Dart GT.

I mean i probably will end up doing motor work to it just not right now.. working on body stuff at thee moment. but those header look like they will pass by my starter since it looks like your starter is the same size.. what motor is that 225? are those hooker comps? or what?

Thanks for the photo..

its a 64 Dart GT.

I mean i probably will end up doing motor work to it just not right now.. working on body stuff at thee moment. but those header look like they will pass by my starter since it looks like your starter is the same size.. what motor is that 225? are those hooker comps? or what?

Thanks for the photo..

as far as i know there are no headers that fit an early A with a 225 or 170 but im sure there has to be...

yes those are the hookers and stock starter...

if your looking to spend money for pep i would spend the money on having the head done...

have it milled .090-.110 depending on currect compression ratio, mill the top of the guides down so you can fit .500 lift (more than enough), get good valve springs and have some porting done...

for the grand you will spend on the int/headers you wont gain much, with the head work you will gain alot...

I got 2 1bbl intakes, are you looking for one? Im in So. Cal. Didnt quite understand your first post.

thanks guys! gave me some more stuff to consider. all very helpful.

Pishta- what kind are they? can you PM some pictures or post them here is fine.

6pakattack- probably a stupid question, but what would the benefit be running two 1 brl carbs? instead of running just a two brl carb... other then the fact that the two 1 brl would look pretty rad.

and what do you think the cost would be on getting the head milled? just wondering i suppose different shops would be different.. i have some friends that might hook it up just wondering what people are paying for that kind of work.

thanks guys! gave me some more stuff to consider. all very helpful.

Pishta- what kind are they? can you PM some pictures or post them here is fine.

6pakattack- probably a stupid question, but what would the benefit be running two 1 brl carbs? instead of running just a two brl carb... other then the fact that the two 1 brl would look pretty rad.

and what do you think the cost would be on getting the head milled? just wondering i suppose different shops would be different.. i have some friends that might hook it up just wondering what people are paying for that kind of work.

Is this any better than what you got? Got one in blue too, has EGR, red doesnt.
DSC00241.JPG

Thanks pishta for the picture, they look to be about the same condition as mine i have on right now.. its just a little old but i was planning on sand blasting and painting it soon to hold me over.. if you have one that is for a two or four brl id possibly be interested in that. or if you know anyone send them my way.

probably 250-300 to take .110 off... its a very time consuming task... like days lol...

new guides and hardened seats will run you maybe 200 with labor

then new springs and oversized valves figure 150...

probably 250-300 to take .110 off... its a very time consuming task... like days lol...

new guides and hardened seats will run you maybe 200 with labor

then new springs and oversized valves figure 150...

Good to know!

-
Back