T-56 Magnum 6 speed manual transmission EARLY A-BODIES!!!

-
Alrighty folks... I have my parts back from the shop. I am going to test fit it with my friends 63 Valiant Conv. Once we have ensured the fitment is good, I will let everyone know they are available. I hope everything goes well!!! More info to follow.
Todd
ToddRon Restorations

I got my parts from the powder coat shop.

I haven't been able to coordinate checking the fitment in the 63 Valiant yet. I plan to do that ASAP.

For now.... these pics will have to suffice.

Thanks Todd

Attachments

• 63-76Abodymount.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 371
  • 63-76Abodymount2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 63-76Abodymount3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 63-76Abodymount4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 361
I believe the Ford T5 has the same trans mount location as the T56, if so this mount should work for that trans as well. I have a 65 Valiant that is just a cruiser that I have been thinking about putting a T5 in for overdrive, How much for the cross member and brace, it looks like a nice piece.

$699 for the conversion pieces.
Top torsion bar frame support, lower transmission mount, spacers required, and nuts and bolts.

Thanks for your interest!!!

Todd
ToddRon Restorations

Hello folks.
I finally got to install my updated TREMEC T-56 MAGNUM parts that I make into an early a-body.
Have a look. It was very straight forward, and although I have additional work to do to finish the install, I feel this is a huge accomplishment.
Start to finish in these pictures was 2 hours.
I am going to detail an install guide just for our early a-bodies soon.
Let me know what you think!!

ToddRon Restorations

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 296
Pic9

My plans on the passenger side is to modify the original frame portion to look more like the drivers side to allow easy 3 inch dual exhaust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 287
Ok folks...

Who would be interested in installing a modern high performance 6 speed (T-56 MAGNUM) transmission in their A-bodies??? Yes, including the EARLY A-BODIES!!!
I am offering the conversion parts (torsion bar frame support, and transmission mount, and hardware for these cars. Currently I am offering these components for $699 plus shipping.
These parts are AUTOCAD drawn, CNC laser cut, for excellent fit.
Let me know your thoughts.

Todd Johnson
ToddRon Restorations

Hi Todd- do you have any pics of the prats you offer for $699?
i saw the article in muscle molar about your trans installation in a valiant. The article said you guys would be producing a kit for the installation, but when i called your shop the guy said they were producing no such kit and the article was wrong. I have a 68 valiant with a T% almost installed, not happy with all the cutting i had to do and would like to see your kit and likely purchase one. great work on your 64 valiant as well- it looks really cool.

His last post was 11-12-13. Has anyone heard anything? I wanna see what the floor looks like with that support sticking up out of it.

Hey folks. Thanks for the continued interest.
The pictures are on this thread of the parts we produce. The upper and lower torsion bar supports are what we offer. There will still be some sheet metal work to do, but due to so many variables, that is left to the individual.
So, after my initial fitment of my parts to the 1963 Valiant in the last few pictures, the owner of the 63 has been working on other life things. We are hoping to get back on it, however, the only real part left, is cutting the floor and replacing it (bigger). The end result will be just like the 1969 Barracuda we did last year.
If anyone needs additional information, please call anytime. I only have one "set" left. I am not planning on making additional kits once this one is sold.
Thanks again for your interest. This is an amazing upgrade.

Todd
ToddRon Restorations
Memphis TN

-
Back