T-bar query

-

jimbo1096

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m working on my 68 dart and have done some suspension changes and have pulled torsion bars out. I was wondering if someone can identify the size they are and I am having a problem reinstalling. It just won’t seem to line up to the clock position to be able to get the front of the bar to slide in. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’ve got the shock off. I’ve got the bump stop off. I’m articulating the wheel assembly with a jack under the hub still can’t quite seem to find the sweet spot. Is any difference for front and back. I know there’s a difference in left and right
IMG_1719.jpeg
IMG_1718.jpeg

888 is a slant 6 bar. (.83”)

There is no front or back.

You have to have the adjuster all the way out so you can move the blade/socket around to the right position.

Unbolt your lower ball joint from the spindle and let the LCA drop some more, and make sure the adjuster is backed all the way out.
L and R on the bars go to the rear of the car.

There is a left and right. The last digit of the part number dictates
Screenshot_20240504-171026.png

In terms of strength...

888 - 889 = /6
890 - 891 = SD V8
892 - 893 = HD V8
894 - 895 = BB V8

Simple to do. Instructions are in your FSM. Evveryone should have one for their car and use it.
This is what the Dealer service techs used to service your car at the dealer.

Disconnect the shock from the lower control arm as well.

Now's the time to seriously consider upgrading those bars if this is a street car. Your's are fine for a drag car, but, for the street, I'd go with at least the 892-3 version. The aftermarket 1" plus bars are also nice if you want to car to handle a lot better. Add a front sway bar and you won't believe how much better it handles.

Can you recommend a source for them?
The reason why they’re on there is because this car was used for drag racing before I got it. There’s a lot of stuff missing off of it.

Sure, that's about the size you want for good handling on the street.

-
Back