T Bone for lunch

-

Xstream_1

Reaction score
I just got back from getting a couple of birthday cards for my nephews and as I was turning into the shopping center a nice 80 year old lady gave me a T Bone for lunch, and not the kind made of meat! She was driving a 1997 Crown Vic (old police cruiser) and I was on my 04 Dodge 2500. the first thing she said was where were you coming from I looked both ways and didn't see anything! I looked right in the eyes and blew the horn before she hit me. Expensive birthday cards huh? Fortunately noone was injured although my back does hurt a little. And to top it all off I had to make the cops write the ticket over three times!!! They wanted to write it as if it happened on private property and she hit me in the street, and wrote the info down wrong twice. I hate to say it but there needs to be an age limit on driving!!

That's my rant, thanks, everyone have a great Christmas!!!
X

I take it she was pulling out from the parking lot, while you were turning in. Sucks to get in an accident

My mom quit driving years ago because she knew she was going to hurt or kill either herself or others. She's a rare one in that respect. Most older folks go kicking and screaming, it's a loss of independence issue to most.

Get checked out, you might be hurting in a few days.

I know what you're talking about, my Grandmother ran through two houses before we got the keys from her and then she walked to the car dealer and was going to buy another car! I hope I live long enough to regret my earlier statement.
My back does hurt a little but not enough to go to the Doc, besides my Wifes a Chiropractor and I'll get her to look at it tomorrow.

There will be a day my driving privileges will and should be taken even though I have a great back ground and shinny clean 8)
Sorry to here a bad day came your way Xstream_1
Them Crown Vic are a tank and I am glad everyone is going to be fine :cheers:

I bet you can't even look at your truck :tongue9:

I came to this thread because when I do have beef a T-Bone is #1 with me.

Pic's

Glad you're alright!

Get checked out by a professional doctor. My neighbor had a wreck and he thought he was alright until his neck started giving him trouble. He had to cover the doctor bills himself not the other persons insurance in which it was their fault.

My dad drove until the day he died at 89.
And he would take his car out on the interstate once a month and run it up to 120 or so for a mile to 'blow the carbon out'.

He drove a Toyota Supra and I was smart enuff not to tell him that unleaded fuel, EFI and electronic ignition means he was just wasting his gas.

He really enjoyed those romps.

In 2002 I bought my dad's Ford Aerostar (he just bought a new Dakota). I didn't even have it a week. It was parked in front of my apartment bldg when an old lady sideswiped it and rear-ended an Intrepid parked 6 feet in front of me. She shoved the Intrepid forward 15 feet.

The cop on the scene wasn't going to charge the old lady (she seemed so nice) even though there were eye witnesses that said she was looking for something on the floor (cell phone?). The cop said the insurance company can sort it all out. I screamed at him to do his *bleep*ing job and charge her. He asked me what he should charge her with. I told him, "how about being in care and control of your vehicle at all times." He got pissed at me but eventually started writing a ticket. Someone overheard him telling her to go to court and he would drop the charges. Lazy-*** useless cop.

Glad you're ok, but it's best to get checked out - just in case.

Wylde1.

Yep,glad to see your ok.You really should get that back checked out.Good thing you weren't driving the Cuda.8)

Here are a few pics. I had to take them in the dark so they don't really do the damage justice. I have frame mounted tie downs for a very heavy truck camper and the impact hit one of those and tweaked the frame a little . We'll put it on the frame machine tomorrow and see if it is out of whack. what can you do , life goes on.

DSC02888.JPG

DSC02887.JPG

DSC02886.JPG

DSC02885.JPG

A little old lady t-boned a car at the intersection in front of my house yesterday. I just heard the crunch and then looked out to see that nobody was hurt. Never heard any skidding so she must have blown right through the stop sign. I don't think age limits are the answer but I believe that, starting at some age, divers should have to take a driving test periodically.

Your wife is gona look at it? Glad your ok but i'd have that gal in your avatar look at it.....your back that is. Then i'd look at hers....front that is.
Small Block

I don't think age limits are the answer but I believe that, starting at some age, divers should have to take a driving test periodically.

I agree with that statement.

Get that back checked. Do you live in a state in which family can't treat family "professionally?" If something happens that you need the hospital, such as PT later on down the road, then now's the time to get there, even if just for a good exam at the ER. Get her insurance company onboard now, so they have it on record you were hurt now. Anything in the future associated with this injury due to this accident will still be billable to her insurance company.

I agree with that statement.

Get that back checked. Do you live in a state in which family can't treat family "professionally?" If something happens that you need the hospital, such as PT later on down the road, then now's the time to get there, even if just for a good exam at the ER. Get her insurance company onboard now, so they have it on record you were hurt now. Anything in the future associated with this injury due to this accident will still be billable to her insurance company.

Robert I don't think there's anything in writing that says she can't treat me but I think it would just be a big conflict of interest. The back is a little stiff this morning so I am planning on seeing someone quick.

Robert I don't think there's anything in writing that says she can't treat me but I think it would just be a big conflict of interest. The back is a little stiff this morning so I am planning on seeing someone quick.

Cool thing. Good to hear.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about this. I hope you haven't suffered any permanent damage.

-
Back