T & T result 10/31/04

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
Well I went Sunday and here is what happened. 1st run 17psi in rear tires she hooked. Same 60' as before but the sucker would'nt shift when I told it to. Shifted to 2nd at 6200 but the tranny didn't shift untill 6500 and bumped off the limiter, I'm pissed. Shifted to 3rd missed and hit neutral bumped off the limiter again. Ran a 13.80 100mph.
Second pass 1.5 hours later, raised launch from 2000rpm to 2500rpm. Spun tires. Shifted to second again at 6200rpm tranny waited till 6500rpm to shift bumped off the limiter again. When it decided to shift to 2nd it smoked the tires and fish tailed. Little scarry but I shook it off. My best time with the car so far is a 13.445. I ran a 13.550 @ 102mph while spinning. I'm definatley putting in a Hurst pistol Quarter stick this winter.
Trying to decide whether to put in a cope reverse valve body or just go for one of Copes racing transmissions. Talked to the wife Valve body about $250 or trans for about $1100 better clutched, has reverse valve body and better parts in general. She says go for the trans. What do you guys think?

If it fits in the budget and the wife says go for it, get the trans. At least that way you'll know everything else in there is good :thumrigh:

Johns transmissions are top notch. He knows his way around a torqueflite.

-
Back