T56 Crossmember

-

dodgedifferent2

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has the toddron t56 Crossmember.

They are on backorder and don't look promising of getting one. So fabrication is next in line.

To save some headaches I am looking for measurements to build a similar crossmember.

Have you asked for an idea when (or if) they will get more? Looks like you might have, just not sure if I am reading that right.

I thought Modern Driveline bought the design, hoping that you aren't saying that they haven't sold well so they decided not to manufacture them anymore.

I have been in contact with them since March of 2021.
I was told by Toddron restoration that he no longer makes them and sold everything to modern driveline.
Modern driveline says they are waiting for a shipment that has been on oder from him since 2021.
Last call to modern driveline I was told they were still waiting for the order to come in.

Slowly getting all my crap together to do the engine/tranny swap. At this moment I am thinking I have to make my own mount, which is not a big deal, just trying to save some time.

I have been in contact with them since March of 2021.
I was told by Toddron restoration that he no longer makes them and sold everything to modern driveline.
Modern driveline says they are waiting for a shipment that has been on oder from him since 2021.
Last call to modern driveline I was told they were still waiting for the order to come in.

Slowly getting all my crap together to do the engine/tranny swap. At this moment I am thinking I have to make my own mount, which is not a big deal, just trying to save some time.

I take comfort in that they say they are waiting for a shipment rather than "we dropped those". The timeline isn't too exciting, awful long time to wait for a shipment.

I understand it doesn't help you. My timeline is much longer so it's easier for me to be patient.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s a bummer! I have one, but it’s installed in my Duster so measurements wouldn’t be all that easy or accurate I’m afraid

I'm using the Holley mounts which move the motor forward by about 1.75" per my measurements. So I initially thought I was going to have to build my own anyway. But after looking at some of the pictures, it looks like the upper hoop would still work fine and I would only need to rebuild the trans mount. So I plan on buying one, unless they start making them out of unobtanium...

I'm using the Holley mounts which move the motor forward by about 1.75" per my measurements. So I initially thought I was going to have to build my own anyway. But after looking at some of the pictures, it looks like the upper hoop would still work fine and I would only need to rebuild the trans mount. So I plan on buying one, unless they start making them out of unobtanium...

Yeah if the Holley mounts move things forward then it wouldn't be hard at all, the crossmember hoop should be plenty big enough to clear the transmission. I'd have to look, the only possible snag might be a connector or output for one of the sensors lining up with the crossmember. But that should be easy enough to deal with. You'd just have to figure out how to move the transmission mount, but that shouldn't be that hard.

Now, if it moved the engine back it would be a problem, the hoop probably wouldn't clear the transmission

Yeah if the Holley mounts move things forward then it wouldn't be hard at all, the crossmember hoop should be plenty big enough to clear the transmission. I'd have to look, the only possible snag might be a connector or output for one of the sensors lining up with the crossmember. But that should be easy enough to deal with. You'd just have to figure out how to move the transmission mount, but that shouldn't be that hard.

Now, if it moved the engine back it would be a problem, the hoop probably wouldn't clear the transmission

Hadn't thought about sensors and such. Guess we will see.

Hadn't thought about sensors and such. Guess we will see.

I think it will probably be fine, but there are a couple take offs back there. I think the VSS and something else. As long as one of those doesn’t come out right at the crossmember flange it won’t be an issue. Worst case scenario you might have to put a notch somewhere.

And I’m just speculating, i haven’t measured it to see what 1.75” forward would do.

-
Back