-
Status
Not open for further replies.

540cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Contact seller
AS SHOWN IN PHOTOS, NEED A KNOWN GOOD WORKING UNIT.
ALSO WILLING TO HAVE MINE REPAIRED IF ANYBODY CAN SUGGEST A VENDOR.

DSC00835.JPG

DSC00836.JPG

I am buying a formula s dash mounted tach, but it doesn't come with the electronic can. All Points said for a little extra $ they will provide their electronics in a custom enclosure, so I won't need the original can.
Here's the rub...
After reading this post I may have another issue. The 65 cuda I just bought doesn't have the stock points distributor. It has the GM internal coil electronic ignition upgrade. I'll have figure out what I have to do to make the formula s tach work with that distributor or go back to the Mopar ignition setup.
Any advice here?

Here's a pic of what I did on my 64 push button cuda. The tach is from at 64 GM. The console is from a 64 automatic polara, machined to accept the cup holder

64 CUDA CENTER CONSOLE & TACH  VIEW.jpg

I had no problem getting the GM tach to work on my 64, as shown above it was simple. I was just showing a picture of what I did

I had no problem getting the GM tach to work on my 64, as shown above it was simple. I was just showing a picture of what I did
Great job, on one of my replies the company makes one for electronic ignition. Again you’ll need the can.

Just curious....will the stock unit work with a Pertronics 1 system with stock coil and ballast resistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back