tach. mounting solution

-
Neat idea but it sure is over to the right far, idea of a tach is to keep it close to the driver so you don't have to take your eyes off the road much. That tach is petty big too, why not get a smaller one? Do you need a shift light? how about installing one in your Rallye dash cluster?

I wasn't a big fan of the tube (looks cluttered) but like the idea that you can remove it for car shows, that is slick. What you have looks like it should be for a race car and a little outta place in yours, I think your car looks awesome in the original condition :glasses7:

Hope I didn't hurt any feelings, it is nice to see new ways to mount tachs without damaging the original parts 8)
thats one of the reasons why a got a bigger tach, because I was moving it away from me a little towards the center of the car, and I wanted a shift light. Oh, and I plan on racing this car so, it is a bit of a race car...LOL! I mounted slicks, and skinnys up front, on my centerlines saturday, so I'm almost ready to go.

and here is my B&M prostick, that I just fabbed up a plate for, so I would'nt have to hack up my tunnel with more holes, or my new carpet. ( I just removed the 4 speed for a while)

Attachments

• Picture 053.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Picture 055 (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Picture 054 (Medium).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 260
Here's my set up. Slips under the front of the pad. Wraps around it and you
can either drill one hole in just under the pad. Or use the upper right screw
from the cluster.

Attachments

• 100_2538.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 100_2540.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_2541.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_2539.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 240
Recently I bought this mount for mine. It slips in under the pad.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Can you get a remote light for that? like a flat one so you can rest it on your dash and see its reflection in the windscreen, sort of a HUD for your shift light? At night, anywhere you put that light you'll see it go off, ie backwards, but in the daytime youll miss it, but a light to tell you to shift? That is what a big *** tach is for, right?

Well, I've only taken the car out once since I installed it and did not notice any vibration but that does not mean there was not any. It feels pretty rigid as it sits but I will take a closer look next time I drive it.
Keep us posted, might have to have one of those. BTW what is mounted on your column? Nice dart!

-
Back