Tail Light Bezels

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I am starting to consider my options. Have any of you had your tail light bezels re-chromed and how does the cost compare to new ones? My car will not be a top show car, just a driver and an occational show. The couple of places I have called have told me to send them to them and they would give me a price. Mine are quite pitted.
Any ideas? tHIS IS FOR A 1965 bARRACUDA

I'd go with the new ones myself.

I had several rechromed years ago before they made repo's of them and to get the pitting out they had to polish most of the detail away or the pitting was still visible.

I ended up buying a pair for my 69 nos , but that was in 1987 when it was your only alternative.

But I did pay $50 each in the box , but that was in 1987 dollars

No, I ask for that option. I ask for worst case senerio and no price given

I had mine replated. 200.00 each

Lost no detail and, they are the original pieces. Most quality platers can give you a price after they see the piece and quote you before work begins. Your expectations can dictate the level of quality and cost. I use Gary Michaels, Pro Plating. He is in Atlanta, does show quality work.

$200 I can handle. How bad were yours pitted?

Not pitted at all just aged and scratched.

I also have an additional set that could be replayed if you need them.I had them for backup in case it til a long while to get the ones back fro the plater.

I USE WESTCOAST PLATING... 714-557-4524 THEY WILL GIVE YOU AN ESTIMATE.. but i can tellyou that if they are quite pitted.. they will be quite expensive.. probably in excess of 400 per side...

-
Back