tail light lense material

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
I guess you could call this an electrical question since its about tail lights.

I am looking for a couple flat pieces of tail light lense - I am looking to make some custom tail lights- I have seen on a couple of the TV shows they make new tail lights or light panels on some cars (like overhaulin and west coast customs ) I have searched hi and low without any success. Even went searching junk yards and truck salvage yards looking for something large enuff to cut and use - no luck. the individual pieces only need to be 6 x 10 for lenses but it would be nice to find something longer to make a light bar out of too. Any ideas? I am open to suggesstion for anything that would look legal - don't care if its DOT approved

thanks

or do all the color and reflecting on the fixture bowl and cover with a clear lens.

Two suggestions,
first try your local plastics supply house, plexi and lexan comes in colors. Mine lets me look through the cutoffs for smaller pieces.
The other is for a light bar I used the lens material from a 4' florescent light and ran it through a table saw.

package tray #8.jpg

the local plastic shop here went broke and the other 2 won't sell to public only large businesses...sux

I found some 12 x 12 dot legal blanks for $45 each ...kind of pricey

i'll keep looking you all keep thinkin' ...LOL

-
Back