Tail light receptacles

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Does anyone make a new or replacement tail light receptacle for 70 darts? I bought a set of tail light housings and the receptacles are rusted and will not make good contact. They are rusted enough that the light receptacle will not spring up or down for allowing the light bulbs will not work.

Does anyone make a new or replacement tail light receptacle for 70 darts? I bought a set of tail light housings and the receptacles are rusted and will not make good contact. They are rusted enough that the light receptacle will not spring up or down for allowing the light bulbs will not work.

I couldn't find any locally for a buddy visiting down here. I ground off the socket measured the hole and went to autozone or advanced auto I found a set that fit the hole perfect and had the plug in spring type ends that gave it a good connection and fit great. plus he said that it seemed brighter than his old ones, (I told him it was just a better ground and we sprayed the bucket the silver color that was as close to stock as I could find was the real reason)
I didn't use this one but it did fit
View attachment 3-4Inch_Snap-In_DualElement_BulbSocket.jpg
I did use this one, it fit a little better with more grab from the clips
View attachment Mopar_Snap-In_DualElementSocket.jpg

Used to be you could get the bulb holders in the "Help" bubble packs at auto parts stores. Maybe not the Mopar assembly, but the part that holds the bulb. A junkyard might be easiest today.

pull the socket apart and clean the hell out of it.. then just install the part below.

http://www.hotrodwires.com/catalogsocketslighting.html

Socket Repair Double Filament - For early style double filament bulb; comes with 2 wires, 2 insulators, spring and bulb contacts attached to wire.

#SR-442: $4.00

SocketRepairDouble2c1Rev-sm.jpg

-
Back