Tail stripes on a 67 Dart?

-

JohnnyRingo

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that the 67 was never made or offered with tail striping?

What's the consensus on putting tail stripes ON a 1967 Dart?

I'm 95% sure you are correct. Personally, I would NOT put one on it, but that's just me.

Am I correct in assuming that the 67 was never made or offered with tail striping?

What's the consensus on putting tail stripes ON a 1967 Dart?

Never offered from the factory. In my opinion, don't put one on.

BTW, the rect. chrome tips didnt appear til '68 either. Loads of peeps think they came on '67's.

67 didn't have the stripe, a GT or GTS had an aluminum trim piece at the top of the sides that run the full length of the car.

Have seen a few 67's with the trim and stripe and it does not do anything for me.

My 67 has a 69 GTS stripe on it but does not have the side trim, it also has a 69 bulged hood so from the side it looks like a 69 without the side markers

Unless you are wanting a correct car, do what you want and like

BUT,when all else fails,DO IT YOUR WAY !! My Dart Custom didn't come with a stripe,but it damn sure has one now! And to my specifications !!!

20120423_103913.jpg

I like tail stripes. They didnt come on 66 nets either so I did a single.And I like the way it looks.

Attachments

• car 2 day 003.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 304
First year for the bumble bee stripe was 68. And as has been said, the 67 GT and GTS has chrome trim along the top of the fenderline that would interfere with the stripe. Unless you're making a 68 or 69 clone, I wouldn't put the stripe on myself. But thats personal taste. At the drag stip you'll see bumble bee stripes on anything Mopar (Barracudas, Valiants, Chryslers, early 60's B-bodies). Its your car, so do what you want. There was a dealer installed optional stripe for Darts and Coronet RT's in 67, but it was a wide lower body side stripe between the front and rear wheel wells. 65 (and maybe 66) had an optional stripe (I believe it was also dealer installed), that went over the center of the hood roof and trunk on GT hardtops, and was offset to the driver's side on GT convertibles.
In 68, the Dart GTS bumble bee stripe was a no cost option. The standard 68 Dart GTS stripe was the longitudinal side stripe that extended from front to back through the round side marker lights. Thats my personal favorite stripe for the 67-69 Dart.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I really appreciate it.

I have a lot of decisions to make on this car still: what color to paint it, tail stripes or not, etc. Now I'm thinking of putting a 68 grille/bezels, taillights and trunk trim on it because I think it looks a lot meaner than the 67 as is. Seeing as how I already need to replace the bezels and all, I'm kind of at a point of "why not".

I'm already putting a 360 in it with more than a few factory parts bolted on/in it...

I grew up as a Mopar kid thanks to my dad and his love of Mopar cars. I have a real appreciation for correct cars and not slaughtering them. But yeah. Decisions..

Kyle

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I really appreciate it.

I have a lot of decisions to make on this car still: what color to paint it, tail stripes or not, etc. Now I'm thinking of putting a 68 grille/bezels, taillights and trunk trim on it because I think it looks a lot meaner than the 67 as is. Seeing as how I already need to replace the bezels and all, I'm kind of at a point of "why not".

I'm already putting a 360 in it with more than a few factory parts bolted on/in it...

Kyle

Kyle,

Why not, to put a 68 grill & tail lights in is more than changing parts.

The 67 tail light bucket isn't very deep and to install 68 means mods to the sheet metal.

On the grill, I have seen several 67's with 68 or 69 grills, but was told there is a difference too.

What ever you do, it is your car, do it the way you want

My 67 has many 69 looking things on it, but still have the 67 grill & taillights

-
Back