Tailpipes with RMS Street-Lynx and Dana 60

-

Dart Vadr

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone running an RMS Street-Lynx triangulated 4-Link suspension with a Dana 60 or anyone familiar with this configuration. The RMS documentation clearly states "Dana 60 will not allow tailpipes". However, the article at the bottom clearly shows a Dart running a Street-Lynx 4-Link with a Dana 60 and TTI tail pipes. So, is there any hope that I'll be able to run 2.5" tailpipes with a Street-Lynx 4-Link and a Dana 60? Any info would be much appreciated.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/featur...gineering-this-dart-has-what-it-takes-to-win/

Find it hard to believe that tail pipes will not fit....have seen that oval tubing used on several vehicles to get pipes thru some very tight spots.....

Yeah, I had resigned myself to dumping the exhaust at the rear axle until I read that article. Maybe I'll try to contact the guy...

I have the street lynx suspension in my challenger ,2 1/2 with 8 3/4 had to cut and fab to fit ,but it works. bought same street lynx for my 69 dart mini tubbed tti 2 1/2 exhaust had to lose the stock fuel tank and go fuel cell to get pipes out back. not a big fan of exhaust in front of tires , good luck nw dart

bought same street lynx for my 69 dart mini tubbed tti 2 1/2 exhaust had to lose the stock fuel tank and go fuel cell to get pipes out back. not a big fan of exhaust in front of tires.

I'm not a big fan of dumping the exhaust at the axle or out the sides either. Are you running a Dana 60 in your Dart?

Do you see how high the *** end of that car is hiked up? That's the reason it fits. If the shock collars were lowered down I guarantee the rear end housing would smack the exhaust pipes for sure.

How did your tabs weld up to the Dana? Did it clear the breather port and the centre section of the rear? I am trying to mount up my 68 Coronet upper mount and the tabs don't clear the centre section. I think think i am going to have to move everything outwards. Sucks that I have it all welded into my car...

I don't yet have either the Street-Lynx 4-link or the Dana 60. I'm just trying to make some design decisions at this time, so I can't answer your questions. Sorry...

I have a question for anyone running an RMS Street-Lynx triangulated 4-Link suspension with a Dana 60 or anyone familiar with this configuration. The RMS documentation clearly states "Dana 60 will not allow tailpipes". However, the article at the bottom clearly shows a Dart running a Street-Lynx 4-Link with a Dana 60 and TTI tail pipes. So, is there any hope that I'll be able to run 2.5" tailpipes with a Street-Lynx 4-Link and a Dana 60? Any info would be much appreciated.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/featur...gineering-this-dart-has-what-it-takes-to-win/

The car has a standard TTI 3 inch exhaust system. The pipes needed to be modified to clear the rear end but there was a fair amount of room. The fact that it's up in the air doesn't matter. There is still plenty a room for the pipes if you lower the car down. I wanted the car to look like they did back in the day which is why the rear end is up high.

Thanks for the info! That being said, it's unfortunate that the RMS website clearly states "Dana 60 will not allow tailpipes" as it would appear that it's possible to use either custom tailpipes or modified TTI pipes with a Dana 60.

I have a question for anyone running an RMS Street-Lynx triangulated 4-Link suspension with a Dana 60 or anyone familiar with this configuration. The RMS documentation clearly states "Dana 60 will not allow tailpipes". However, the article at the bottom clearly shows a Dart running a Street-Lynx 4-Link with a Dana 60 and TTI tail pipes. So, is there any hope that I'll be able to run 2.5" tailpipes with a Street-Lynx 4-Link and a Dana 60? Any info would be much appreciated.http://www.streetlegaltv.com/featur...gineering-this-dart-has-what-it-takes-to-win/

I'm running 3" TTI wit a D60 and relocated springs, modified stock tank NO CELL.

The issue isn't the 4 link it's the rear. The u-joint hits the mid hangers with a d60. You need to trim or use different hangers.

regarding the tailpipes. with a relocation kit tight spot is the leaf springs behind the rear axle and the rear shackle. The rear hanger doesn't realy fit right with the spare tire well. I used 8" radius S-pipes and sent the pipes through the leafs behind the rear axle and tot he bumper. My rear hangers are now on the outside of the frame rail.

We got StreetLynx early in its availability, and as we know there are a lot of variables among A-bodies (all Mopar bodies) through the years, ie Demons are shortys. I understand the RMS caution about trying it, Bill R is pretty conservative. We went with 8.75 because our power output doesn't need the Dana. Some of our observations and pictures can help regardless:
  • Stock rear frame rail hangars and routing down the frame rail can be complicated depending more on your fuel tank. We bought and went through fitment with 3" TTI tailpipes, even though we ended up with AAR/TA style rocker exits.

• At the forward end of things, the snout and girth of the Dana 60 can be an issue with the standard TTI hangar hardware and mufflers.
  • As good as TTI stuff generally fits, you are on your own. I would not undertake this without the ability to fabricate or modify where necessary
You can see the clearance available pretty clearly in some of the following The real answer is you can make anything work, is it worth the $ and trouble?

Attachments

• Demon rear install 1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 454
  • Demon progress update 7.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 394
  • Demon rear 4 link 2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 464
  • RMS SLynx 0.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 374
  • Muffler hangars1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 405
my car had one the first street lynx systems out. the early ones put the upper bars in the same location no matter if it was a dana or 8 3/4. i believe the newer ones put the 8 3/4 upper arms closer to the center to fit a tti tail pipe..

here is my 2 1/2" tail pipes with the upper arms where the dana arms are on the newer units..

ehaust003-Copy.jpg

ehaust012.jpg

-
Back