Take a Poll - What's your favorite Red body color

-

Steves65

Reaction score
What do you think....Original Ruby Red or Eastwood Quarter Mile Candy?

Doing my first resto, not sure if I want to go original color or something a little more modern....needs to be a single stage for my experience level

this Val is not mine...just a pic from Google, but should be close to what original paint would look like

View attachment org val color (315x160).jpg

The below pictures are from the Eastwood site, these are examples of Quarter Mile Candy

View attachment pcandyar (600x468).jpg

View attachment p33776c (600x450).jpg

View attachment p33776b (600x398).jpg

Ferarri Red! No ifs ands or A-holes about it :twisted:

From the looks of quarter mile candy, I'd use that, it looks a little darker. Personally though, for a red, I'd try to find a darker red. I like them because they have a more sinister, 'dont mess with me' feel.

An example is this laser red I found on thecoatingstore.com
View attachment Laser Red.jpg

I think it would do well as an alternative to the bright fire truck reds you tend to see.

Just my two cents.

Doesn't matter what color red you get, as far as price goes. Get ready to bend over, cause red is the most expensive color paint there is. I like the factory red on my 2004 Dodge pickup. :D

Doesn't matter what color red you get, as far as price goes. Get ready to bend over, cause red is the most expensive color paint there is. I like the factory red on my 2004 Dodge pickup. :D

I thought FM3 Panther Pink was?

If I were to ever have a red car it would be black cherry, or candy apple red.

This is no bullshit, be ready with your wallet. I vote Chrysler PR4, was the color of my Dakota.

A buddy of mine had $2000 into just red (Honda Chianti Red Pearl) paint and clear!!! 4 oz. Of Chilli Pepper Red for my Durango was $95 with my discount! I would do base coat clear coat! To me its actually easier to shoot than single stages! If you run or sag a single stage paint job you get to see all the colors that make that shade of red. If you are going to go red do yourself a favor and A. Make sure the body work is perfect, because you only want to paint it once (price of paint) B. Make sure the paint weather single stage or base clear has a UV protection! If not when you drive it , leave it in the sun it will fade and or bleach out, just like cars of old! this is just my opinion!

When I ran a body shop supply in the early 80's, Porsche "Guards Red" was the most popular. It was Ditzler/PPG code 72060. It was expensive then...I can't even fathom the price these days...:)

When I ran a body shop supply in the early 80's, Porsche "Guards Red" was the most popular. It was Ditzler/PPG code 72060. It was expensive then...I can't even fathom the price these days...:)

Yeah, that was the color to have in the early 80's. Seems like every red car in the magazines was painted that color. I painted my motorcycle that color in 1982.

I like the contrast with the black graphics....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 237
-
Back