• winchester silver

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • black

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
-

SPACECOWBOY

Reaction score
Going through the old girl this winter and thinking about changing the color. I am leaning towards winchester grey. What do you guys think?

Before
20160506_195322.jpg

Now
20161030_081642.jpg

I would say if the body is straight. It would look really good in black. BRILLIANT BLACK

Never EVER black! Pollen is everywhere, dust is everywhere, waterspots are everywhere, catprints are everywhere, birdpoop is everywhere, and if the body isn't perfect, you WILL see it.

I think everyone should own a very nice black car atleast once in their life. Learn how to really wash/wax detail it well, etc, just to get it out of their system, lol.

I only buy white trucks now and I'm good with washing them about every 2-3months vs 2-3weeks with a black truck. Black also shows every single scratch, swirl, and rock chip

1971-plymouth-barracuda-Dan-Doctor-rear.jpg
Green is bad luck for race cars, black is a total pain I know. I figure it needs to be plain because it's a sedan.this is a4 winchester grey

There is no black or white, just variations of grey. My dislike of grey is mine. A grey car on a grey road, on a grey day. No side marker lights. That's something to consider in my opinion.
Sure orange is the safest color statistically but... I dislike the orange with black color scheme too unless its seen on the one day ( Halloween LOL ). Again mine. My opinion shouldn't matter, nor should anyone elses. It is your car.
And while there isn't a pollen issue today, the ash/dust from the many forest fires north of us along with the lack of rainfall is showing on every color. Local car washes are rockin' during what should be their slow season.

I think it's lame when people say to paint it black only if it is straight.

If it's not straight then you shouldn't be painting it any color at all until you finish your body work.

That is like saying to be half assed with any other color but do your body work right if it is black.

If the body work is done right then it should look nice with any color.

The warm green, not the cold blue green.
Have a COLOR, not just some "it's kinda grey or silver metallic".
I always wondered why Cadillacs didn't come in orange.

I think it's lame when people say to paint it black only if it is straight.

If it's not straight then you shouldn't be painting it any color at all until you finish your body work.

That is like saying to be half assed with any other color but do your body work right if it is black.

If the body work is done right then it should look nice with any color.

My body man says it will be straight, you can paint any color you want. Straight is straight.

With all of the waterless wash technology today owning a black car has never been easier. I have two black cars that are always clean and shiny and haven't used a hose in two years.

Rani said half assed! Rani said half assed! LOL.:poke: :p I agree with her 100% on the straightness issue, and it sounds like you will have that covered. The Winchester gray looks good on the car thanks to the nice photochop. That said.....it needs some shiny wheels if you paint it that color. Get some Weld Dragstars and cut 50 lbs off it in wheels alone...lol.

New B5 blue for me.

image.jpg

But those 2 door post cars look really good in silver or green

image.jpg

image.jpg

This blue also looks really good on post cars. Sorry, all my pics are 67 Valiants since I have a 67 4 door that I was looking for color ideas, I'll be painting it blue like this.

image.jpg

-
Back