• black

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
-
I do like blue as well

IMG_1107.JPG

Satin black:

09672b08948a233f816fb6fa6420988f.jpg

It's always cool. Even though everyone and their dog and their dogs cousin has a black paint job now. Satin at least sets you out a little bit vs the standard flat black. You can even through a little more shine in it like this:

Lamborghini%2BAventador%2BFor%2BSale%2BDubai%2B3.jpg

I'll tell yah. A good satin job catches the light in a wicked way.

The overuse of black though is driving me towards a satin plum crazy, with satin black hood w/callouts, and a gloss white tail strip with "340" cut out for my next paint job.

side veiw light blue.jpg
The lighting makes this picture makes it look like the light blue I'm talking about.

I think it's lame when people say to paint it black only if it is straight.

If it's not straight then you shouldn't be painting it any color at all until you finish your body work.

That is like saying to be half assed with any other color but do your body work right if it is black.

If the body work is done right then it should look nice with any color.
So what your saying is the people who voted for black are lame ? I myself did not say ONLY if its straight. For those who do body work & paint know what I meant.

So what your saying is the people who voted for black are lame ? I myself did not say ONLY if its straight. For those who do body work & paint know what I meant.
No, she's saying that you shouldn't paint the car ANY color unless it's straight.

i love that color but its not looking right on that year dart to me..
I'm not feeling it either. So many pretty colors out there now, even charcoals with different color pearlescent flakes in it. I always found it hard to pick a color for my own rides. That color grey, no "pop". The flat murdered out look is overdone. Been looking at that on bikes and rat rods for at least the last 10 years. Just looks unfinished to me, but to each their own.

Last edited:
I went with the most eye-catching color, hence my car was painted Hemi Orange. It was originally a T5 Bronze car. I am partial to reds and oranges. I think you see too many blues, greens, whites and blacks on cars on the road. Go with a color that you just don't see that often. Picking your color is a hard task, because once it is done you pretty much have to live with it. If Winchester Grey is your gut feeling, I say go with it.

-
Back