talk about a barn find

-

rustfather

rustfather
Reaction score
i am a plumber called to a job in salem mass. the owner of the house said to me i saw the decals on your truck windows do you race cars i said yes i do. he said my son raced in the 80s but hes is too sick to race any more. he left a car in my garage its been there far a long time told me to get rid of it for him he lives in ca. now. i went into the garage the over head door fell right off the tracks the place was falling down under a bunch of old junk was thisbantam altered. i said how much. will you give me a $1000.00 for it. deal i said called my brother in n.h. he has a hot rod garage and a shop in medford mass. he came with the trailer loaded it and went to his shop in medford parked it in the osco parking lot across the street. went to his shop. lots of people looking at it across the street. one guy came in the shop and said who ownes this altered i said me. he said want to sell it. i said maybe how much you willing to spend. he said no more than$ 4000.00 i said ok its yours then he said can you tow it to my house i will give you $200.00 i said ok. that was a great day for me now i wish i had it back the only info the man told me was it is 383 motor 727 trans chrysler 4.56 rear

1581513498570.jpg

7655027011982.jpg

9583529431370.jpg

Nice flip! Wish something like that would fall in to my lap.
That car would make a great nostalgia racer!

You should have kept it a little longer and checked it out. If it had any kind of racing history, it could be worth tens, or even hundreds of times what you got for it.

That car was probably worth at last $20k-$30k. You wouldnt be able to build one for even close to that. The engine alone was probably worth $10k.

-
Back