Talked to Harold at Spitfire

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I spoke with Harold at Spitfire a few minutes ago. He is really motivated and dedicated to making things right with everyone and really wants to establish a good and trusted reputation. He is sending me a set of headers with collectors welded on, on Friday. $250 shipped. I assured him that I would be telling you good folks about the new and improved business practices.

These are NOT prepaid. These are NOT COD. He said he would include his address in the box and I could just send him a Money order when I received them and was satisfied. I told him I was starting to hear good things about him and that is why I finally called to order a set.

Way to go Harold!!=D>

I hope he sticks with a good practice like that. I bought some of his headers in 2002, and had to wait for 'em but they certainly fit good.

Ya know, I went to check into ordering some for my '65 barracuda yesterday and was put off by the site. There were blinking sentences saying "ORDER COD" Ans "TELL HIM SO AND SO REFERRED YOU" And "TELL HIM I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY HEADERS" What is up with that?? I'm really hesitant to see about getting some. They are expensive but I think they look killer. I would really like to hear more feedback on this. Please someone chime in with some info. Thanks.

He has a great rep for doing things well and making things right if there not right. BUT, speed is not on his side and if you have to wait for them, it could be awhile before tings get straightened out. But they will get straightened out.
Sometimes, I have seen absurd wait times. Reminds me of AAR fiberglass, best in the biz fiberglass parts with crazy wait times. Pay for what you get. The small shops like Harold and AAR do things right, but slow.

Also, don't worry, everyone has a horror story about someone in the biz. It's impossible to make everybody happy. Try it one day.

Well, I already know that those are the headers I want. I'll just kick back and see how other people will do with them, the waiting and all of that.

There were a couple of members recently who had good luck with him and that is why I gave him a call. I think I called him on Friday originally, he finished the headers today and will ship on Friday. Not bad.

I just used the Internet Archive, it looks likes the last time that
the website you are refering to was updated was almost 7 years ago.
December 2002.

I know Harold is doing much better in the last year.

Ya know, I went to check into ordering some for my '65 barracuda yesterday and was put off by the site. There were blinking sentences saying "ORDER COD" Ans "TELL HIM SO AND SO REFERRED YOU" And "TELL HIM I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY HEADERS" What is up with that?? I'm really hesitant to see about getting some. They are expensive but I think they look killer. I would really like to hear more feedback on this. Please someone chime in with some info. Thanks.

I just bought a second set a month ago. Less than 2 week wait. He is very hounest and upfront. The headers fit nice. If you need something alittle special just ask. He will try to work with you. He says he is working on making a A body BB header . That will be great. He had extra sets already made when I talked to him last.

I was hoping to get mine on friday,I guess they should be here monday.I talked to him friday and they are in Canada.I,ve been waiting to see how long shipping will take?So far 2 weeks.I,ll post pics. when they arrive!:clock:

Ah Yes the border crossing Blues.....

I bought stuff a few times, where it took 5-8 weeks to get here to me.
I also sent a part to Canada, and it was 3 weeks after I shipped before the person got the item.

That was about 5 years ago; so maybe the time delay at the border
is better now.

Hope you get your headers Monday. :)

I was hoping to get mine on friday,I guess they should be here monday.I talked to him friday and they are in Canada.I,ve been waiting to see how long shipping will take?So far 2 weeks.I,ll post pics. when they arrive!:clock:

I sent some seatbelts to someone in Canada last year. I think it took about 3 weeks to get to him. Wish I could remember who it was.

250 doesn't sound expensie when schumackers are 650 and higher. I am seriously thinking about getting some now. I was leary but it sounds like he has got his end together now.

I just used the Internet Archive, it looks likes the last time that
the website you are refering to was updated was almost 7 years ago.
December 2002.

I know Harold is doing much better in the last year.

FYI - that site says clearly that it is NOT affiliated with Spitfire Headers. It's just some guy who has them on his car. Harold doesn't have a website. Just call him and order them COD. I got mine in exactly 2 weeks.

As for them being expensive, I guess it's relative to what you make, but I think TTI's at $750 to $800 and Doug's at about $800 from Summit, Spitfires are a steal at $250 shipped. Actually, I think I paid $235 shipped.

I received my headers from Harold on Friday afternoon!8)
They were not sent COD. As an act of good faith he sent them on his dime.
They look fantastic. I will post a pic later.

Thanks Harold!!

I had recieved mine the following Monday after posting.Seems Harold out to keep us A-bodie guys happy,I,ve had good luck shipping with UPS lately!3-7 days.I shipped Grumpascreature a steering column,it was there in 4 days.Canada to U.S,that,s fast.Jim,will you be useing band clamps on the Spitfires?

OOPS!!Here they are now!

re and re of 66 Dart.jpg

What exhaust systems hook up to these headers or do they need custom pipes?

They have to have custom pipes bent to clear torsion bars,then you can put on whatever you like.Probably custom though,cause these are made for skinny early-a bodies.I guess you could run on any small block V8 Mopar!

-
Back