Tame my 4-speed Stroker....

-
From what I can feel on my limited amount of Street use so far I would be utterly shocked if my 60-foot times didn't drastically improve with some test and tune..
Car should go 1.7's with your street Nittos. With your leg being the tamer or the clutch tamer working the launch, 1.7's should be easy. Might have to work on your getting your car to work

I am to the point with my build where I have to commit to getting the tamer installed before I put the seats in.

Did the headliner ,visors , rear mirror , windshield , back glass , 1/4 glass ( and adjusted it) , roof rails and weatherstrip this week. My son is coming over to help install the door glass/vent window frames tonight.

Door panels / seats / Stock wheel to finish off the interior once the Tamer is installed.

E39E88FD-CCE2-4F4B-BEB1-227E00397D4E.jpeg
2723A6EE-7FE0-44C1-961E-460AF7E789A4.jpeg
E6E36267-979B-4355-8695-3CDA2FBD3BD2.jpeg
EC68B425-33AA-4051-9901-60C097B6150B.jpeg

Isn't a tamer like 1/2 way to an automatic? I mean, having a mechanical device work your clutch is kind of like a torque converter ????? :realcrazy:

I am to the point with my build where I have to commit to getting the tamer installed before I put the seats in.

Did the headliner ,visors , rear mirror , windshield , back glass , 1/4 glass ( and adjusted it) , roof rails and weatherstrip this week. My son is coming over to help install the door glass/vent window frames tonight.

Door panels / seats / Stock wheel to finish off the interior once the Tamer is installed.

View attachment 1715412440 View attachment 1715412441 View attachment 1715412442 View attachment 1715412443

If you are not going to buy a good clutch than put it in now. No sense waiting. You have to have some way to control the clutch.

Isn't a tamer like 1/2 way to an automatic? I mean, having a mechanical device work your clutch is kind of like a torque converter ????? :realcrazy:

For me it will be a way to prevent blowing the tires off or deadhooking during launch. Nothing more.

For me it will be a way to prevent blowing the tires off or deadhooking during launch. Nothing more.

Not true. If you are using a birth control pressure plate, you need some way to control how the load is applied to driveline. If you don't, you'll break parts. Constantly.

View attachment 1715412440 View attachment 1715412441 View attachment 1715412442 View attachment 1715412443
Remember you can adjust it so it doesn't have any effect whatsoever. And the one thing I called to make sure of is it may drop the clutch low when adjusted but always will return completely back. As in it won't have a constant drag or push on your throw out bearing. As in if you just driving it and you have it adjusted anyway you want when you get on the freeway it will eventually let the pedal come all the way back and be able to cruise without the throwout bearing getting worn out..
Right now after only having it for a couple drives I sincerely regret not taking Grant up on his offer of giving me one years ago. Of course that was to get one out into our crowd and let it be proven.. by far already the best money I feel I've spent on the car...
In the end I'm glad I paid for it he deserves every penny of the hundred and sixty bucks it cost...

I guess for me that was always the skill of driving a clutch car. Leave the line, knowing when to ride the clutch a little to keep the tires from smoking.

Car should go 1.7's with your street Nittos. With your leg being the tamer or the clutch tamer working the launch, 1.7's should be easy. Might have to work on your getting your car to work
I have 1.6 60 foot Time Slips. I know what it takes..
16214-1.jpg

I give you all the credit in the world for what I believe is almost over optimized with your duster for what it has...
All the credit and kudos...
Just keep in mind that increments Below 11.5 on the track in the quarter mile are harder and so are 60-foot times below 1.8...
Don't forget the areas where things get exponentially harder...

you want a date? LOL.... Does it matter when, or what? LOL You are still working a clutch.
without being rude I'm trying to figure out where you're going in this fight is? If this is just another one of our go around we could just do that on the other thread.. yours..

I have 1.6 60 foot Time Slips. I know what it takes..
View attachment 1715412452
I give you all the credit in the world for what I believe is almost over optimized with your duster for what it has...
All the credit and kudos...
Just keep in mind that increments Below 11.5 on the track in the quarter mile are harder and so are 60-foot times below 1.8...
Don't forget the areas where things get exponentially harder...
huh? What's this have to do with working a clutch? I'm just saying if you have a mechanical device working the clutch, that make it a half-a-matic.
P.S. - My duster is NOT the fastest car I've ever owned... LOL

without being rude I'm trying to figure out where you're going in this fight is? If this is just another one of our go around we could just do that on the other thread.. yours..
You just told another guy in his thread that it wasn't about him, it was about the header. This isn't about you, it's about the clutch tamer. I'm trying to understand why somebody (not you) would insist a clutch car is the real race car, then have a device work the clutch for him/her. Trying to understand.

You just told another guy in his thread that it wasn't about him, it was about the header. This isn't about you, it's about the clutch tamer. I'm trying to understand why somebody (not you) would insist a clutch car is the real race car, then have a device work the clutch for him/her. Trying to understand.
What about me isn't in the title? Can you repeat the title for me one time please? Who else is showing a detailed account of how to buy one how to install one with pictures...
Don't be jealous that I have all the advantages of an automatic now with the badassness of a 4-speed...

What about me isn't in the title? Can you repeat the title for me one time please? Who else is showing a detailed account of how to buy one how to install one with pictures...
Don't be jealous that I have all the advantages of an automatic now with the badassness of a 4-speed...
LOL... you got me wrong. I think it's great you showed pictures and all. That's awesome. I'm just trying to understand. If I get another clutch car, and I race it, I would want to "drive" the 4 speed per say. Not have a half-a-matic. Honest to goodness, I recently drove a 12 second Camaro with a six speed manual, and I left wide open without 3 ft of black marks. I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to understand.

LOL... you got me wrong. I think it's great you showed pictures and all. That's awesome. I'm just trying to understand. If I get another clutch car, and I race it, I would want to "drive" the 4 speed per say. Not have a half-a-matic. Honest to goodness, I recently drove a 12 second Camaro with a six speed manual, and I left wide open without 3 ft of black marks. I'm not being sarcastic. Just trying to understand.
And your 60-foot time was...

Oh good lord you mentioned a Chevy every time and it makes me nuts !
Please tell me this wasn't one of those modern Camaros with traction control?

-
Back