Tame my 4-speed Stroker....

-
Haven't seen the new parking lot yet. If it's in the pits, it won't be long before the CART guys (or whatever sanction those guys run under now) will come along and drive pipe into the pavement. About 20 of us wrote letters to the Parks and Rec people when that first happened and they blew us off. Then when they wandered down there and LOOKED at the damage they were pretty pissed. But I digress. Those were the salad days of my pure hate for everything related to the Portland Parks and Recreation codes that the city can (or not...based on who they feel) use as loose rules for the lawful use of the park.

Thank you for getting me pissed this early in the day. BTW, somewhere around here, probably with all my other docs from that era, I have all the codes and such that were current at that time regarding use of the park, as that is exactly what it is, a park. Ahhhh, the city of PDX. How have I loathed the these many and long decades of lies.

See, I can wax poetic if the audience can grasp it.

FWIW, I'm going to Renegade tomorrow to meet skrews. Unless it rains.
Screenshot_20191012-104337.png

Not a cloud in the sky predicted in the Renegade Raceway weather forecast....
Will Yellow Rose Meat skewers tomorrow...
downloadfile-12.jpeg

WITH ALL MY MAGICAL POWERS NOT EVEN I CAN PREDICT THAT ONE....

View attachment 1715407347
Not a cloud in the sky predicted in the Renegade Raceway weather forecast....
Will Yellow Rose Meat skewers tomorrow...
View attachment 1715407353
WITH ALL MY MAGICAL POWERS NOT EVEN I CAN PREDICT THAT ONE....

LOL. What magical powers? The hippie lettuce has addled your thinking. LOL.

Like I said, unless the weather takes a dump, I'll be down there tomorrow. You never know what the weather will do.

Anyways once dialed in I can tell this is going to be a little bit of a game-changer for me...
Thank you CT...
I am looking forward to your results. I believe you are going in the right direction with the car.
Small changes with great results. My remark includes the future addition of the heads.
You are not braking the bank with the changes. :thumbsup:

LOL. What magical powers? The hippie lettuce has addled your thinking. LOL.

Like I said, unless the weather takes a dump, I'll be down there tomorrow. You never know what the weather will do.
tea and crumpets with skrews. have you ever met him ?

I am looking forward to your results. I believe you are going in the right direction with the car.
Small changes with great results. My remark includes the future addition of the heads.
You are not braking the bank with the changes. :thumbsup:
yes I think those aluminum heads or the biggest one time purchase I've made since the stroker kit! LOL even building the motor it was 100 here and a hundred there till I can finally get it out of hock..

I took the car out for a drive a little while ago. Just a little time to take a ride for a few miles out in the country and bang through the gears few times. again right now with just two turns to the right it seems to give that itty-bitty bit of a slip just at the drop the clutch each time. I can really see how this would save on parts...

Last edited:
So with all the crap you dish out and you haven't made it to the track dam!. Seriously I need to know how that thing works so I can decide if I am going to buy one,and believe it or not it was yr that suggested it for my women's contraceptive clutch.

So with all the crap you dish out and you haven't made it to the track dam!. Seriously I need to know how that thing works so I can decide if I am going to buy one,and believe it or not it was yr that suggested it for my women's contraceptive clutch.
Hands down buy it, get it in there and be happy with it...
YR... Bahahahah...

I am genuinely excited to get it down to the track, but I want a whole season with it. I don't want just a tease here at the end and barely get a chance to maybe try to get it somewhat adjusted then not know. I want to just get out there and have a season with playing with it....

When I talked to Grant he seemed to be a little bit more excited about the hydraulic clutch tamer... He talked about it having a timer and probably a little easier to adjust I would imagine or not adjust but get set they're both easy to adjust.

Hands down buy it, get it in there and be happy with it...
YR... Bahahahah...
Yeah,I don't want to tarnish his well earned reputation but he's a pretty good dude. I have a'lot to do to the car over the winter and I am sure it will get one.

I am genuinely excited to get it down to the track, but I want a whole season with it. I don't want just a tease here at the end and barely get a chance to maybe try to get it somewhat adjusted then not know. I want to just get out there and have a season with playing with it....
I understand,it takes time to get the stuff figured out,I barely got mine running and down to rodrun and now its just sitting kinda finished but it will get there.

Yeah,I don't want to tarnish his well earned reputation but he's a pretty good dude. I have a'lot to do to the car over the winter and I am sure it will get one.
You can mount it in there and turn the adjustment off and it's like it's not in there. 10 bucks says you'll turn it twice to the right like I have and loved it right out of the gate.. it just takes driving it once or twice to kind of get used to the way it lets go and I'm speaking after turning the knob twice. Once you get used to it which takes almost no time at all you can very much sense the very slightest bit of slip and how much it takes away from the harshness. and I know you're making serious torque with a 4-speed and know what I'm talking about...

So I've been under the weather pretty bad and have had some time to do some reading. I've been looking up Past reviews of the clutch tamer and such. It takes you more than four years back. Seemingly back to when this was first being developed as a product. Man the crap that he took. The tuner crowd damn near seem to want to Tar and feather him for even suggesting it. (Only person that I know that has one and loves it has a tuner and instantly stopped breaking Transmissions..)
The Chevy crowd the Ford crowd every Forum had its clutch Guru come out and slap it down without any regards to testing. Ironically everyone who had one didn't have a complaint...
Kudos to Grant for his ingenuity and perseverance..
This product has me anxiously awaiting next year's season...

Also to @weedburner I was reading back about a different adjustment technique using 3rd gear? Is that still a viable option? Or is this something you shied away from?. Thank you...

I am waiting for 60ft times with and without the tamer.
From what I can feel on my limited amount of Street use so far I would be utterly shocked if my 60-foot times didn't drastically improve with some test and tune..

-
Back