Tame my 4-speed Stroker....

-
No doubt, after this thousandth left turn I now have been considering if I want to be nice about this starting a new thread right from the beginning just posting all the pictures and how I put it in how it works. I know someone suggested this from the beginning after it already started the thread but oh well. I kind of thought it would be fun take everybody for a ride see how this thing works out, but as usual it just turns out into the normal chaos...
too bad in case somebody was going to learn from this, it just goes into so much argument about stupid s*** that 90% of people would just give up and say awa screw it....

It would be nice if you started a new thread. Posting the pictures from start to finish and posting everything you did.

Only if others (YR) would stay out of it. It would make an awesome tech thread.

:soapbox:SQUIRREL!!! :rofl:

any one who is interested in the tamer will weed threw all of this.
I have no plan for a clutch......clutch-0-matic That would be cool SQUIRREL!!!!
ah... as i was saying they will keep coming back to see the end of this thread.

Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow I'll have time to finally put the driver seat back in and also the trim. And finally off the jack stands!..
Raining the next couple of days, but supposed to be ok by the weekend...

Okay I got my other chores done and I told my wife if she comes in the garage all she's going to hear is twang and possum face....
She ran for the hills and went to the gym so I get to work on the car....

IMG_20191003_151315.jpg

Locked and loaded down on the ground and Elvis is ready to leave the building...

Jpar... I dont know what you said in post #382 and I dont know what Im looking at in post #383 and 384 ??????

Help me out here bud ...lol

Apparently my O2 sensor didn't like the vacation.. warmed up and drove the car for the first time in a month? At first I was just fiddling with the electric fan sensors as I put a new sensor on each fan both on individual switches so I wanted to get that sorted out obviously before I caused damage. anyways drove it around some and convinced myself that I had this set correctly again watching the wide O2 sensor go bananas.... I come back home nice and warmed up, verything good to go. Car seem to be running well. Also when I was driving it and bang a couple gears it did bang a little softer or not so (for lack of better terminology) banggy...lol...
also I should say right here I took off with what I thought was the lower adjustment of two turns to the right. And that's where I left it. I didn't have any issues with the clutch returning and also it would return some of the way a little slower than it used too... So I gets home and set the two-step at 3 k. I had only up to this point tested it inside the garage without the motor running. This time was the live test and it worked fine...
Soooo, right out front damn the torpedoes and took it up to the new limiter setting and drop the clutch from the floor and off she went!!...lol...
It was so much less violent than I remember it just kind of Softly let it roll into a posi burn off... I was thoroughly expecting it to smell like smoked clutch but not so much...
The weather outside right now is very unpredictable and I don't live in a place where I can see a giant part of the sky more hundred foot trees than anything...

Awesome ! Glad to hear it appears to be working even before you start monkeying with it !

Jpar... I dont know what you said in post #382 and I dont know what Im looking at in post #383 and 384 ??????

Help me out here bud ...lol
Let's Get Ready Get Set and go! LOL in possum face is George Jones in my wife don't like to hear that s***! I can be Van Halen one day and who knows the next...
now the picture the lower part if you draw it in has a flat piece of metal that sit a bit of an angle and that is to make more of a flat angle for the two-step button that's attached to the back side of the clutch. I thought some carpet got caught in that button before made it stick so I wanted to get that carpet s*** out of the way. and that piece of seabar that's upside down and facing at you is more of a metal stop for the clutch pedal that was kind of required for this to have something to stop the pedal. I think a consistent stop point!..

But what is Twang and Possum face ?

Are you sure you live in the NW ?

Oh .... George Jones .... I should have known that since I saw him in concert twice !

Apparently my O2 sensor didn't like the vacation.. warmed up and drove the car for the first time in a month? At first I was just fiddling with the electric fan sensors as I put a new sensor on each fan both on individual switches so I wanted to get that sorted out obviously before I caused damage. anyways drove it around some and convinced myself that I had this set correctly again watching the wide O2 sensor go bananas.... I come back home nice and warmed up, verything good to go. Car seem to be running well. Also when I was driving it and bang a couple gears it did bang a little softer or not so (for lack of better terminology) banggy...lol...
also I should say right here I took off with what I thought was the lower adjustment of two turns to the right. And that's where I left it. I didn't have any issues with the clutch returning and also it would return some of the way a little slower than it used too... So I gets home and set the two-step at 3 k. I had only up to this point tested it inside the garage without the motor running. This time was the live test and it worked fine...
Soooo, right out front damn the torpedoes and took it up to the new limiter setting and drop the clutch from the floor and off she went!!...lol...
It was so much less violent than I remember it just kind of Softly let it roll into a posi burn off... I was thoroughly expecting it to smell like smoked clutch but not so much...
The weather outside right now is very unpredictable and I don't live in a place where I can see a giant part of the sky more hundred foot trees than anything...

That will knock the crap out of your 60 foot times!!!! Now you can work with the 2 step and the CT to get the tire to take as much RPM and hit you can give it without killing the tire. You should even see some reduction in your incrementals too.

J peg, you need to get a E.T. slip when you get this all set up BEFORE you install the heads. Then do the head swap and see what difference they make

Boo hoo. Go cry somewhere else. Come back when you actually have a clutch car.
I own a '73 Cuda/4spd since I'm 19 thank you very much and yes it runs and drives right now thank you very much oh worthless blow hard, thrower of chit on teflon.

-
Back