Tame my 4-speed Stroker....

-
What rpm are you setting for launch ? Won’t it be too low for the shift to 2nd ?

My thinking is a 3500 launch ( Drag Radials) and 7000 shift to 2nd then 7000 to 3rd.

The way you are doing it I would be making my shift to 2nd at 3500 RPMs.

Maybe your MSD works different then My Daytona Sensors... or I dont understand my system ?

I used make/female connections so I can just disconnect anytime. I'm already thinking by-pass switch so I can try both ways....

I am pretty sure the activation of the switch cancels the launch rev limiter and puts you into the total rev limit

I am pretty sure the activation of the switch cancels the launch rev limiter and puts you into the total rev limit
My MSD 2-Step has two wires that when are connected the two step is activated. That's the button that I have under the pedal that activates under the clutch when it goes to the floor board. There's also a switched power wire needed to run the two-step and that is what I ran a connection switch on. I have a switch on the dash that arms it or sends the 12 volts so it will work, I interrupted that wire with the switch that's connected to first gear so it only gets power to operate in first gear. That way when I push the clutch in to bang second it turns power off to it and won't stutter down to my launch RPM..
Make sense...?

I installed a clutch switch on my pedal. Activates once pedal is fully released.
Havent tried it yet so dont know how well it will work.
I just kind of wanted to install the switch as well and make it work LOL I'm not even sure if I'm going to use it I'll probably put a bypass switch and try it without it first...

Spoken like a true 16 year old. And spoken in ignorance. What a fool.
Now that I got everything installed and done I have time to unlock my blocked people and read through everything. Yellow rose you're not very nice...
It seems the point you constantly Miss is that I'm just a hobbyist having fun with my car. Trying new things and trying to share those nice things with my friends. I'm not saying they're Superior to other things. I think Rumble Fish 360 was really onto something when he was just trying to tell you I'm having fun with my car and trying something out. I didn't say anything about it was going to be better than your rag clutch in your aluminum flywheel. and like you said you told me about this long time ago but like rumblefish said if you weren't such a prick I may have listened to you a long time ago but who's going to listen to this kind of stuff and then especially to someone who has no reason to be trusted. I had to get that all done and finished before I left on vacation because when I get back the wife has I put new flooring paint and all kinds of crap.. Now I'm on vacation for a few days and have time to play on the internet on my phone. It consumes far too much time having these pointless battles with you. I have to get stuff done take pictures of it all and make it happen while enjoying it and listening to music and having fun with my hobby. Did you get it now I'm not a full-time full blown points chasing drag racer. I like to go to the track a few times you here and have some fun and I probably would go more if I could be a little more consistent at it. I understand that takes practice but also as everybody knows that cost money as well and time as well, it's always a balance...
I'll let me get this damn motorhome to the RV park and we can have it out for the next few days..lol..
^^^^do you see the LOL? Do you see it?! I'm having fun I'm not mad I'm not screaming at people and I'm not freaking out and calling anybody names I'm just having fun with my hobby>>>>
Mad scientist fit you better....

Now that I got everything installed and done I have time to unlock my blocked people and read through everything. Yellow rose you're not very nice...
It seems the point you constantly Miss is that I'm just a hobbyist having fun with my car. Trying new things and trying to share those nice things with my friends. I'm not saying they're Superior to other things. I think Rumble Fish 360 was really onto something when he was just trying to tell you I'm having fun with my car and trying something out. I didn't say anything about it was going to be better than your rag clutch in your aluminum flywheel. and like you said you told me about this long time ago but like rumblefish said if you weren't such a prick I may have listened to you a long time ago but who's going to listen to this kind of stuff and then especially to someone who has no reason to be trusted. I had to get that all done and finished before I left on vacation because when I get back the wife has I put new flooring paint and all kinds of crap.. Now I'm on vacation for a few days and have time to play on the internet on my phone. It consumes far too much time having these pointless battles with you. I have to get stuff done take pictures of it all and make it happen while enjoying it and listening to music and having fun with my hobby. Did you get it now I'm not a full-time full blown points chasing drag racer. I like to go to the track a few times you here and have some fun and I probably would go more if I could be a little more consistent at it. I understand that takes practice but also as everybody knows that cost money as well and time as well, it's always a balance...
I'll let me get this damn motorhome to the RV park and we can have it out for the next few days..lol..
^^^^do you see the LOL? Do you see it?! I'm having fun I'm not mad I'm not screaming at people and I'm not freaking out and calling anybody names I'm just having fun with my hobby>>>>

Like I've said before, it's not about YOU. That's what YOU don't get. Other people read these threads. If you don't want comments on what you are doing, don't post it up.

The real deal is you think you know what you don't know. Who cares if it's a hobby? It's your money, blow it any way you want. But my decades of experience counts. I've broken enough parts and spent enough money and watched enough guys walk away because of the bad advice they took. Even if it was from well meaning people.

I'd like to keep people in the hobby. I'd love to grow the stick shift class, especially the real, clutch operated stuff.

A little fact you don't know. In 2000-2001 a friend and I were working with the Ozark Mountain Super Shifters to try and get something going out here. Couldn't get it off the ground. Why? Not enough cars. Now I see Woodburn has something but I doubt it's what we were doing.

So I'm about growing the "hobby". You just don't know it, because you continually make assumptions with zero knowledge.

Whatever you do, block me. I wear that as a badge of honor when an arrogant, snotty, passive aggressive wanna be refuses to learn.

Do Not unblock a butt head. You will just have to block them agin.

Stick with testing your Driver Tamer.

Like I've said before, it's not about YOU. That's what YOU don't get. Other people read these threads. If you don't want comments on what you are doing, don't post it up.

The real deal is you think you know what you don't know. Who cares if it's a hobby? It's your money, blow it any way you want. But my decades of experience counts. I've broken enough parts and spent enough money and watched enough guys walk away because of the bad advice they took. Even if it was from well meaning people.

I'd like to keep people in the hobby. I'd love to grow the stick shift class, especially the real, clutch operated stuff.

A little fact you don't know. In 2000-2001 a friend and I were working with the Ozark Mountain Super Shifters to try and get something going out here. Couldn't get it off the ground. Why? Not enough cars. Now I see Woodburn has something but I doubt it's what we were doing.

So I'm about growing the "hobby". You just don't know it, because you continually make assumptions with zero knowledge.

Whatever you do, block me. I wear that as a badge of honor when an arrogant, snotty, passive aggressive wanna be refuses to learn.
LOL all the self-proclaimed Parts breaking and self-proclaimed knowledge and self-proclaimed people you know and worked with LOL I'm not saying it's not true but for goodness sakes it's just so unbelievable.... which I guess of course leaves you open to call me all kinds of names and stuff like that LOL... I think the funniest post was when you called me a liar so many times because I claimed that you didn't have a car LOL and you defended yourself I do have a car! LOL oh my oh my gosh... BAHAHAHA....
Why do you have to be so vulgar and expect people to listen to you? You think because you have a bunch of knowledge that people are going to listen to all your profanity. It's not worth it... I think when you're called out on this stuff it's really funny when you say you don't have time to mess with all this bull crap but then again that's all you do is create bullcrap and I mean you're out here a lot creating bullcrap...
Did you see how weed burner was able to talk without all the insinuations all the putting words in people's mouths and without all the name-calling and arguing about it? Just clearly stating the facts as he sees them? Can't you just State the facts as you see them without all the insults and profanity?...
I'm not trying to make anybody believe anything about anyting! I don't know where you come off trying to make it seem like I've told people how to do something or what they should do concerning clutches or anyting? Generally I just talked about my experience and what I've done and that way people can say I don't want to do that that's all messed up and I think the way yellow rose was saying to do it was a better way and I want to do it that way that is 100% what I want. I just see my car as a hobby piece and something I can try all kinds of fun gadgets and play with. I've always said it would be financially better for me to just drive it down to the Sellwood boat ramp and throw a brick on the gas pedal and watch it go into the river! That would save me so much money! Lol but I'll tell you in the end if that's the way I want to have fun with that I will. Why don't you have fun with your car the way you want to and start a thread on how great the clutches you use work and pictures of what they look like and how you put them on? And in particularly how you adjusted them. it looks like I'm going to have a knob on mine to ajust on my Dash....

Well men anyways onto the bench racing!? I probably just got one more small session out in the garage fixing the carpet and putting the trim back in. I'm also going to make a bypass switch for that button down on the shifter because if it doesn't work I don't want to mess with it. And also I'm not sure if it's needed or not. I did kind of always want to put a trigger switch on first gear....
the weather has been off here but it looks like they're going to go deep into October at the local track. I've been seriously busting my tail trying to work up a small budget for some aluminum heads. I would sure like to have this tested before I take the motor out again. Also when I do that likely I'll be putting in a different clutch as well....

I'm not a clutch guy, so I will just follow along and maybe learn something.
I like it when someone try's something new.
We only learn from trial and error. What works for some, doesn't for others.
It boils down to the combo. Always has.
I'm looking forward to some positive results. Most of all, just have fun.

LOL all the self-proclaimed Parts breaking and self-proclaimed knowledge and self-proclaimed people you know and worked with LOL I'm not saying it's not true but for goodness sakes it's just so unbelievable.... which I guess of course leaves you open to call me all kinds of names and stuff like that LOL... I think the funniest post was when you called me a liar so many times because I claimed that you didn't have a car LOL and you defended yourself I do have a car! LOL oh my oh my gosh... BAHAHAHA....
Why do you have to be so vulgar and expect people to listen to you? You think because you have a bunch of knowledge that people are going to listen to all your profanity. It's not worth it... I think when you're called out on this stuff it's really funny when you say you don't have time to mess with all this bull crap but then again that's all you do is create bullcrap and I mean you're out here a lot creating bullcrap...
Did you see how weed burner was able to talk without all the insinuations all the putting words in people's mouths and without all the name-calling and arguing about it? Just clearly stating the facts as he sees them? Can't you just State the facts as you see them without all the insults and profanity?...
I'm not trying to make anybody believe anything about anyting! I don't know where you come off trying to make it seem like I've told people how to do something or what they should do concerning clutches or anyting? Generally I just talked about my experience and what I've done and that way people can say I don't want to do that that's all messed up and I think the way yellow rose was saying to do it was a better way and I want to do it that way that is 100% what I want. I just see my car as a hobby piece and something I can try all kinds of fun gadgets and play with. I've always said it would be financially better for me to just drive it down to the Sellwood boat ramp and throw a brick on the gas pedal and watch it go into the river! That would save me so much money! Lol but I'll tell you in the end if that's the way I want to have fun with that I will. Why don't you have fun with your car the way you want to and start a thread on how great the clutches you use work and pictures of what they look like and how you put them on? And in particularly how you adjusted them. it looks like I'm going to have a knob on mine to ajust on my Dash....

More juvenile drooling.

Go do what you want. Block me. You aren't worth the time.

Okay finally made it to the campsite and have a few days to kick back play on the internet and think about driving the car...
I agree this thread is about me in the way I'm putting a clutch tamer in my car. I'm not trying to really make it completely about me me me just it's the way I'm doing it so.... At least someone's going along here and when the next person does it we can compare notes and find out what works best. Or if somebody wants to give this a try that can at least see it's been done and they can do it. That's more of the kind of thing I was thinking about. I mean lucky everybody they get to go along for the ride on my dime and see what happens...
Again I believe I'm only the few hours of poking around getting the seat back in and some molding back on and a few other things. Also I got to remember to set those dual-fan Adjusters. I haven't started the car since I put those on as well. I tested them with a hair dryer but I still need to set them. The rain has been coming and going lately, and I've got one crap ton of work to do when I get back home. If I absolutely kill it it will take me two weeks to get three rooms stripped painted, re floored and re trimmed.
I get that done and the wife will "ok" a little room on the cc to look at some sm heads:thumbsup:....
Work before pleasure...
As long as I get some test hits I guess on the street and figure this out I'll be looking at the schedule and finding a good evening when I can go down and get a time slip...
I guess all we can do now is take guesses on "if" how "when" or "what" the improvem will or won't be??????

FWIW Rumble and YR are very knowledgeable guys, both are very helpful.
Their fuses may be a little short.
But, all in all they are good guys.
My fuse completely burned out and caught fire years ago.
now they call me mellow yellow.

I would just like to see this thread continue without the constant “Your wrong” & ridiculous snippy comments by YR. This is an interesting topic and device.

-
Back