Tame my 4-speed Stroker....

-
IMG_20190905_135628.jpg
IMG_20190905_135706.jpg
IMG_20190905_135752.jpg

IMG_20190905_142531.jpg
IMG_20190905_143046.jpg
IMG_20190905_144530.jpg
This is where a $3 swap meet piece comes in handy when you don't want to booger up your original black plastic...
IMG_20190905_153037.jpg
IMG_20190905_153358.jpg

Nice even, centered, sturdy...
This is NOT finished.. I want to brace it more...

IMG_20190905_175030.jpg

^^^a body installation kit^^^... LOL..
I'm positive I could have made it without cutting that Dash piece but I like the way it looked it up nice and tight and stealth...

nice! thanks for all those pics. how did you attach it to the pedal? Need some images of that too :) cant wait to see how it works out for ya!

IMG_20190905_214141.jpg

When I get it completely adjusted I'll be able to nip that piece of all thread coming out of the center of the knob and put the little black cap that covers that whole back in...
Screenshot_20190905-222341.png

I'm impressed. I woulda laid under there for hours/days possibly trying to come up with something. LOL

nice! thanks for all those pics. how did you attach it to the pedal? Need some images of that too :) cant wait to see how it works out for ya!
It comes with a slick little bracket that slips right over the clutch...
IMG_20190903_163046.jpg

Little piece on the right..

I'm impressed. I woulda laid under there for hours/days possibly trying to come up with something. LOL
I had a Wall of Shame piece or two before I got it figured out that's for sure.. also a painting disaster where I dropped that piece in the grass I literally tarred and feathered the peace and had to wire brush it and repaint it...
IMG_20190905_155840.jpg
IMG_20190905_123646.jpg

Looks like it’s time to bring on the 1.70’s.
LOL...
I was texting my best friend from grade school last night and he said a friend of his installed one in his race car and stop breaking Transmissions..

I'm sorry men I was and still am pretty jacked up to give this a try. It was like I wanted to share my new toy with my friends and all I seem to get was haters..
All I ask is just if you have to go off on a different subject with somebody that I obviously have blocked please take it somewhere else so I can at least keep this on subject.. thank you..
I really only feel a third of the work is done right now. I still have another 3rd in bracing and wiring. and yet another third in learning how to use it and get it adjusted...

@j par

what else do you have to wire? And what is that wire tied along your clutch pedal?
Page 3 Post 72. that's kind of what I was saying if we wouldn't have lost this thread for about five or six pages of banter it would be a little bit more condensed and people can ride along..
It's the wire for my two step. When the button hits the floor it's activated. That's some of the stuff that I'm addressing now under the carpet. I'm putting a pedal stopped as well as a angled stop for the button because it doesn't hit the floor flush. Also I've had some discussion already with Grant about putting the two step on a first gear only trigger. I believe and I don't want to quote but he was talking about leaving it there as to get a momentary stutter in between gears to help the shifting. I'm more inclined to put a micro switch on first gear and have it cut off after first..

Page 3 Post 72. that's kind of what I was saying if we wouldn't have lost this thread for about five or six pages of banter it would be a little bit more condensed and people can ride along..
It's the wire for my two step. When the button hits the floor it's activated. That's some of the stuff that I'm addressing now under the carpet. I'm putting a pedal stopped as well as a angled stop for the button because it doesn't hit the floor flush. Also I've had some discussion already with Grant about putting the two step on a first gear only trigger. I believe and I don't want to quote but he was talking about leaving it there as to get a momentary stutter in between gears to help the shifting. I'm more inclined to put a micro switch on first gear and have it cut off after first..

That's because you have to push the clutch all the way in to reset the CT. That's why he wants the switch on first gear only.

If you have to push the clutch all the way in to shift, you're going to need to have some kind of RPM limit.

Jpar Go to the MSD site there is a wiring diagram there that sets the two step off the line lock button with one relays. Once you leave the line the two step will not reactivate till you hold down the line lock button and push the clutch to the floor again, an release the line lock button. Release clutch and the relays turn off the two step only for the launch rpm not for the rev limiter.

Last edited:
Jpar Go to the MSD site there is a wiring diagram there that sets the two step off the line lock button with two relays. Once you leave the line the two step will not reactivate till you hold down the line lock button and push the clutch to the floor again, an release the line lock button. Release clutch and the relays turn off the two step only for the launch rpm not for the rev limiter.
I haven't used my line lock in sometime. It worked a couple times when I installed it a long time ago. Then after a while installed a new one and it worked for a little bit and didn't work as well. Now it's going to a toggle switch with no power going to it LOL... I've never seem to roll out of the staging Lanes...

I have a toggle switch that turns on the power to the two step separate from the switch on the back of the clutch pedal that actuates it... I thought if I put a micro switch on first gear for that power switch?

You could use a momentary switch and the one relays for the same affect. Whichever one would be easier to wire up I guess.

Last edited:
You could use a momentary switch and the two relays for the same affect. Whichever one would be easier to wire up I guess.
What you're talking about is what I believe the way most people wire the two-step and and line lock together on the same button...

A friend of mine ran a fox body with a big inch gm and a lenco, it ran mid high 4's in the 1/8. He had a line lock and a brake pressure gauge on it. What he did was when he pre staged he'd set the line lock with say 400# of pressure on the brakes then ease the car into stage and come up on the two step. He had good consistent lights and didn't have to do the heel and toe dance.

-
Back