Tap vs. Bottled–What Should You Drink?

-
Think of all the crap you put into your mouth when you were a kid including dirt, dirty toys, and who knows what else. It's amazing how people survived for the last several thousands of years drinking lake water or how indigenous people in the jungles of the world survive drinking the same water that elephants and hippo's use as a toilet and here in North America, we're brain washed to believe that the safest drinking tap water in the world is not safe to drink. Bottled water just helps turn our society into a bunch of worry wart wimps that will eventually lead to them having such a poor immune system that they'll get sick unless they live in a bubble. There are 10 times more germs and fecal coli on a door knob that bottled water drinkers touch 20 times a day than there is in a glass of tap water.

not only does bottled water piss me off, have you seen what the charge for ice. frozen water. hell i keep 6 ice trays in the freezer

It's a bunch of bullshit. I'm sick of standing in line behind of idiots bitching about $3.00/gallon fuel while there buying 16 oz of water @ $1.60 (HELLO.......thats $6.80/gallon)
Get a clue!

I'm not into conspirices but I believe most or all of the so called
warming, poluted water, next big scares are designed to seperate
you from your money and control. there is alot of money to be
made on a commodity that costs little to produce.
Nothing is free and all must be controled for the safety and security
of the public.

air pollution -control - cleanup - tax
water problems - municipal water - control- tax or bottled water
school funding - control- lottery- tax

you get the picture, in the future whoever controls the nesseities of life
has power, if I can scare you into believing there is a problem and
you can do little to control it, you will turn control over to the
government or corporations to manage it.
Thats how most control and taxes are wrangled away from the people.
I do believe we have some problems, but nothing that common sence,ingenuity and time can't cure.
The world has been around for eons and weathered untold
calamities, I doubt we've damaged it beyond repair it the
short time we've been here.
Barring an event that destroys the planet its self, she'll
continue on with or without us human beans.

We buy 1 gallon jugs of water for making iced tea, because our water is so hard, and the water softener just doesn't cut it. We do recycle everything to try to make up for it. Myself, I prefer beer, because fish **** and f@$# in water. In all seriousness, though, tap water is fine by me as long as it doesn't taste too crappy. I always take a drink from the hose when I'm washing the cars:)

I get my water from my refrigerator that has a filter in it. The water tastes great. I also have the filter pitcher and the water tastes good as well. I am guilty of drinking soda from the plastic bottles occasionally which is just as bad I guess.

I no longer use plastic bag at the grocery. I take the reusable bags now offered at my grocery store. I just take a few each time I go. I refuse bags at most other places too if they are small items. If I do have plastic bags I reuse them to pick up dog **** when I walk the dog.

That's another thing that pisses me off. ****^&%rs that don't pick up after their animals.

Bottled water is bullsH*&T and stupid expensive.

I'm not into conspirices but I believe most or all of the so called
warming, poluted water, next big scares are designed to seperate
you from your money and control. there is alot of money to be
made on a commodity that costs little to produce.
Nothing is free and all must be controled for the safety and security
of the public.

air pollution -control - cleanup - tax
water problems - municipal water - control- tax or bottled water
school funding - control- lottery- tax

you get the picture, in the future whoever controls the nesseities of life
has power, if I can scare you into believing there is a problem and
you can do little to control it, you will turn control over to the
government or corporations to manage it.
Thats how most control and taxes are wrangled away from the people.
I do believe we have some problems, but nothing that common sence,ingenuity and time can't cure.
The world has been around for eons and weathered untold
calamities, I doubt we've damaged it beyond repair it the
short time we've been here.
Barring an event that destroys the planet its self, she'll
continue on with or without us human beans.

Longarm, well said.

i guess mainly what i was trying to say was im sick and tired of all the propaganda about conserving this, saving that and what a bunch of spoiled arrogant people we are. all this crap about saving the planet, its propaganda. the planets just fine. if you want to recycle thats fine with me but dont shove your beliefs down my throat.
went to the dump last weekend and there were 5-6 soda cans in the trash. one of the attendants started in on me about the recycling crap. i asked him if he paid for the cans. no, he says. i told him that i did and maybe he should mind his own business. its my money and i can do what i want with it.
wait until we are FORCED to buy those stupid florescent lite bulbs. $3-4 each, the light sucks, they contain mercury (hazardous material) that you have to recycle. just to save energy. who the hell does the govt think they are? if i want to spend a few more $$$ a year using regular lite bulbs that my choice, not theirs. they say there isnt enough energy. then build some more damn power plants.
i guesss my main ***** is that we are loosing freedom of choice and being forced to comply with more and more regulation. its happening so slowly and little by little that alot of people dont notice or dont care. some day were going to wake up in a commie country and wonder what happened. heres an example. its all in the name of saving energy.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59639
wait till its 110* in the central valley and big bro turns off your a/c

ranting off!

Poland Springs is all run in the radiator of the duster too...:thumbup:

I agree...........build more power plants. The ones we have are so damn old and inefficient here in California.

i agree bottled water is dumb, i say the same thing to my mom/sister, we even got a water despensor in our fridge yet they drink out of the bottles, more so my sister though, and she uses the bottle once and throws it away, dam i go multiply times with one bottle untill i loose it or something.

I saw a comedian on TV talking about bottled water. He was speaking with a French accent and saying something like "How stupid do I think Americans are? I bet we could sell them water."

I admit that we buy flavored bottled waters from Wal Mart. I figure it's better than letting the kids drink soda all of the time that's full of sugar, although we do buy soda from time to time. My kids never even drank soda until they started school & the teachers started giving cans out for rewards. Then 6 years later I have a school counslor offering me literature about how to get kids to cut down. My wife is a doctor & has to deal with all of the overweight kids because of their sedentary lifestyles & too much sugar. Not to mention the kids getting diabetes. As far as drinking water goes, we have a filter built into the door of our refrigerator, & most of the time I just get my water straight from the faucet.

I lived for 8 years in areas that had curbside recycling. Then we moved to where we live now & if you want to recycle anything other than aluminum or cardboard the closest center is about 80+ miles away. I do think we should do what we can to recycle, but if I have to drive 160 miles round trip, I have to measure the benefit of it against the cost in fuel and the pollution my vehicle makes.

I Will Never Drink City Water Unless Its Boiled. Only Local Spring Water For Me. And Yes The Small 500 Ml Water Bottles Are A Joke. I Work In A Grocery Store And In The Summer Time We Sell A Full Skid Of Water Per Day. Scary Because How Much Of These Are Not Being Rec. The Taste Of Chlorine And Smell Can't Be Good For You Even If They Say It Is. Filtration Systems Are Great. Well Water Is What I Grew Up On And We Had It Tested Every Two Years. Damm Good Water. We Only Buy The Reusable Large Water Bottles To Put On A Water Cooler. Better Water Than All The Pop That Is Drank Buy Kids These Days. You Have No Idea How Much Pop We Sell At Our Store And Were Only One Store. Do The Math. So, Better Water Than Pop.

damn sweatybetty, didn't know you were against recycling so much. not all 48 states recycle. some do. even if the goverment says to recycle or not, i still will. do you hate the fact of reusing things rather than mass production and mass garbage landfills?

propaganda??? planet's fine?? you have ALOT of reading to do. i hope you may open your mind to the reality of what is going on. if yoour willing to open your mind, i'd be happy to enlighten you on some subjects.

damn sweatybetty, didn't know you were against recycling so much. not all 48 states recycle. some do. even if the goverment says to recycle or not, i still will. do you hate the fact of reusing things rather than mass production and mass garbage landfills?

propaganda??? planet's fine?? you have ALOT of reading to do. i hope you may open your mind to the reality of what is going on. if yoour willing to open your mind, i'd be happy to enlighten you on some subjects.

im not against recycling...im against being FORCED to do so. im for freedom of choice.
do you see what the propaganda has done? now im the asshole because i dont feel the way all the rest of you do. because im not one of the touchy feely save the earth people.
as far as landfills, i burn everything i can so that saves space in the landfills. the only things i do dump are those that wont burn.(its still legal to burn trash here for now)
as far as opening my mind and that the planets not fine, i think that anyone who thinks that we as tiny miniscule people can affect the climate or change the final outcome is the utmost of arrogance.
please enlighten me

btw i will NEVER drive a pwius!

I worked for a company sand blasting and painting water towers, many years ago. After seeing the insides of water towers in many many different cities I will say this, I won't drink city water. I use a home filtration system.

I agree SweatyBetty, I am pro choice. So don't take this as a knock on you.

BUT

To think that the human race has not or doesn't effected the planet, is very ignorant.

I will use an anology. Take a five gallon bucket, and then use an eye dropper to drop one drop of water in that bucket. Dosn't look like much does it, hell I admit it isn't anything spectacular at all.

Now drop 7 billion drops in that bucket. Bet you find you have a problem after just a couple hundred thousand.

We all matter, and we all can make a difference. We just need to pitch in a little. Turning a light off when you don't need it, or not letting your car run for 30 minutes while your having your morning cup of coffee (made from home filtered water) is not going to make corperate america rich, and it does help in the long run. I have kids and hope they have a world left to live in when I am no longer here for them.

well if it makes you happy, i will NEVER drive a prius either!
i won't go deep but here is a few things to think about.
take a look at discussions on polar ice cap melting and how the oceans temps have raised over the years. it may only be a few degrees, but that makes a HUGE difference.
take a look at how much CO2 is released into the atmosphere and how that affects the warming.
take a look at how many people are on this planet. we are way overpopulated. did you know the US has only about 25-35% of the population of the planet, yet we eat 60-70% of the food of the planet? sad.
the amount and severity of storms have been proven that global warming has affected our weather cycle.

just some food for thought. all the above info is available in depth on the internet.

We are the #1 consumer of oil and the #1 importer of oil. Operation Iraqi Liberation=OIL. But I won't complain too much because my parents live in Germany were the gas is $6-7 a gallon. Seems to me that the less we consume the less we need to be in Iraq inflaming Muslim **** offs for their oil. Everything comes at a price....and freedom in this country comes with a big price tag (money and war) which I am willing to pay for and support as long as I have it (freedom). I say carry on with your freedoms SB.

well if it makes you happy, i will NEVER drive a prius either!
i won't go deep but here is a few things to think about.
take a look at discussions on polar ice cap melting and how the oceans temps have raised over the years. it may only be a few degrees, but that makes a HUGE difference.
take a look at how much CO2 is released into the atmosphere and how that affects the warming.
take a look at how many people are on this planet. we are way overpopulated. did you know the US has only about 25-35% of the population of the planet, yet we eat 60-70% of the food of the planet? sad.
the amount and severity of storms have been proven that global warming has affected our weather cycle.

just some food for thought. all the above info is available in depth on the internet.

I could use the same argument about recycling with our lard *** population. What about all the food we consume (not to mention the CO2 it takes to make it) and it's not being recycled into productive WORK. It's stored as lard and goes unused and wasted. Why don't we give fat asses a hard time about not being productive, over-consuming, and wreaking havoc on our health care system :wack:

I guess that would not be politically correct either :protest: Sorry a little off topic. Had a bad night at work with some lard asses in the health care system. Rant off.

Along with freedom comes responsibility - cost AND responsibility. You're not free shout fire in a crowded theatre. Or utter the word "bomb" on an airliner.

You are free to be an idiot, should you so desire, as long as it does not negatively impinge on others. That's where you'll see the save the planet stuff coming into play.

So be careful what you ask for.

Along with freedom comes responsibility - cost AND responsibility. You're not free shout fire in a crowded theatre. Or utter the word "bomb" on an airliner.

You are free to be an idiot, should you so desire, as long as it does not negatively impinge on others. That's where you'll see the save the planet stuff coming into play.

So be careful what you ask for.

I agree. You are free to be an ***-hat.

I will try not to throw more gas on the fire.
I find it interesting that when a debate or subject is being
discussed, sometimes statisicial info is used that is biased against
our country.
If you were to say Ohio's output of pollution compared to Frances output
was greater, I could see the correlation.
If you lump US as a single entity, then we on that scale we do produce more pollution.
If you look at USA as 50 individual states, as the rest of the world is divided, I think you can see a possible difference in your outcome or perceptions.
Some states do need to cleanup their act more than others.
Please don't be fooled by the numbers game.
Please remember the U.S.A is 50 individual states, with 50 individual state
goverments, coming together, to form a single representive that speaks
for them all to the rest of the world.

We also produce more food, resources and charity to the rest of the world
per capita than all of them put together!!!!!! and another !!!!

Sorry about the rant

-
Back