Tbi throttle bodies

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
I'm acquiring a 90 ramcharger Sunday. It has the 230 horse 318 and I was wondering if there's a difference between 318 tbi's and 360 tbi's?

I was just Googling related the other day, trying to find cheaper injectors for the old--style Holley Commander TBI, which "seem" to be Chrysler style injectors

As near as I can find out, they are the same.

Interesting stuff, so I read the ramcharger link. All I know is from looking at an LA TBI in the junkyard. I expect the 360 TBI manifold is also heavy cast-iron. Was there ever an after-market aluminum version? It sounds like the 360 TBI flows less than the Holley Pro-jection 2D TBI (670 cfm), so the later might be a better option. I have seen the TBI-only for $25 on ebay or craigslist. With the Holley adapter plate, you can bolt it to any Edelbrock aluminum 4-bbl manifold for 66+ LA heads. The last version used Delphi "flat-top" injectors, which are claimed better, with several sizes available (color-coded). I don't know how the RAM computer would work with it. Probably OK if the injectors have similar flow as the 318 TBI. The TPS signal shouldn't matter much, since it mainly uses the MAP sensor. I suspect the TPS signal is used just for an "accel pump" function and for WOT "clear flood" mode. Make sure you install the MAP sensor if part of the RAM's TBI (most have a discrete vacuum tube input). The Pro-jection controller is a quirky beast since it uses only TPS and rpm signals ("alpha-N" method).

I'm sure I read that the Mopar and Holley aftermarket TBI bolt patterns are different. I have a Holley 670 Pro-Jection2D system I was playing with. Bear in mind they do not have an idle air control, you'd have to modify the body (there's a blank on it) or lash up an external one

I'm sure I read that the Mopar and Holley aftermarket TBI bolt patterns are different. I have a Holley 670 Pro-Jection2D system I was playing with. Bear in mind they do not have an idle air control, you'd have to modify the body (there's a blank on it) or lash up an external one

I thought so. I got a little confused with the way it was worded. I'm not going to use an aftermarket tb just thought I would utilize a 360 tb for a mild perf boost

-
Back