tech ? clutch pedal switch

-

moparshaker

Reaction score
hey guys & gals, as some of you know i've been fixing my 71 duster from a hit & run and almost there (not enuff free time) so you guys know i replaced front clip and 1 inner fender , so i pulled motor and tore out dash cause i kept finding stuff the orginal owner had hide or just tore up, like under dash wiring. well got that fixed , but today when i wet sanded and buffed out paint ( looks good. wet sanding scares me) i went to get dash gaskets all installed and new boots when i noticed a switch with a wire cut coming out of clutch pedal inside, this has to be a neutral safety switch right. it's a little round kinda switch , i know i can solder new wire to it , but where would it run too? help! i always depressed clutch when starting anyways so i never noticed if it would start in gear. i should be in shower but girlfriend doesn't know i'm in my office online. oh here's porgress to date.

Attachments

• duster repairs 033.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 133
  • duster repairs 031.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 145
  • duster repairs 034.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 129
  • duster repairs 035.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 142
oh yeah ,how you guys like my small parts powder coat oven and rolling stand there in the middle of cars. lol did all my mototr pulleys and exhaust manifolds and hood latches

the wire runs to the starter relay...i'm not sure what year they started using those switches though...

hey doug thanks for reply , after finishing all the under hood wire harneses i saw where the relay had a wire hooked up and not connected to anything , so i can just solder the wires togather and be good to go. thanks tim

The switch was used on '70 and up cars. Heres some pictures of the one I have. Somebody cut the wire :angry3:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 111
Its a green wire that goes through a rubber grommet next to the peddal assembly in the firewall. There is a ingle plug on the end of that wire. From there it plugs into another green wire that goes to the front bottom corner of the starter relay. Nice car I had a sassy grass geen 340 car sold it and now I reget it. 340 sassy grass car was the album cover for Cars.

-
Back