tell him ,he's dreaming! 66 dodge dart??

-

AUSSIE DART

Reaction score
g'day all

thought you would like to see this rippa on aussie ebay..no 330362683331 ( sorry if i knew how to do a link i would have done it for ya) have a laugh at the 1966 dodge dart rare, minor damage....only $8999.....pity its not a dodge , a cuda ,yes, wrong front ??? and the minor rear damage..stuff me! and i still have to import it to Oz, thats around $3750+.. that minor damage is a understatement ,loooks like it got rear ended with a semi...wow then buy a a full rear quater panel,all in inner panel work, boot lid , rear beaver, to say the least.then all ya got ta do is weld it all on! so easy!!! ha ha ha!!!
i know that there are not too many of these in Oz, but i think someone is dreamin!#-o

ENJOY!:cheers:O:)

Well, the steering wheel is on the left and the speedo is in Miles/hour so it isn't
an Aussie or Canadian built rig. The interior is 66 Barracuda as is the tail end of the car. Under the hood looks 1966 because of the certa-card holder (started in 66) but the front fenders and hood are definitely 65 dart. It's unusual for
sure. toolmanmike

Imagine the sales meeting on this one.
Boss-- we have got to move this pos!!!

Sales: hungover, looking at the barret jackson handbook--
I got it!!! we'll sell it to the aussie's-- get it out of the US & all the hidden faults-- will be gone!!!

Wow-- it's missing the best part of a 65 dart=-- the candy cane trim.
I guess at least when it was smashed it was metal & not bondo !!!

I asked them if they had the parts for the e-z rear smash-- or the missing grille trim & title
Lawrence

Imagine the sales meeting on this one.
Boss-- we have got to move this pos!!!

Sales: hungover, looking at the barret jackson handbook--
I got it!!! we'll sell it to the aussie's-- get it out of the US & all the hidden faults-- will be gone!!!

Wow-- it's missing the best part of a 65 dart=-- the candy cane trim.
I guess at least when it was smashed it was metal & not bondo !!!

I asked them if they had the parts for the e-z rear smash-- or the missing grille trim & title
Lawrence

ha ha ha !!!! spot on very funny!
mate just think how much this car would cost all up to get back on the road!, and being in Oz..around $20K, by the time its shipped and repaired, this must make my 66 dart convertible a $100k car here is oz..ha ha!.....yeh gotta luv ebay! wot do you think this car is really worth back home in its current condition???

aussie d

That actually looks like some of the stuff that was exported to Mexico in the 60's and 70's. I grew up in deep South Texas during the 60's and we would constantly see Valiant, Dart, and Barracuda's (early A's) that were Dodge on the left and Plymouth on the right half, or front to rear combinations. They seemed to use any and all parts in any combination. I saw some strange cars in Mexico and traveling out of Mexico. Just like this crossbreed. The really weird ones were Plymouth on the right half of the sheet metal and Dodge on the left. At least front to back is not quite so confusing.

This car is in the US.......

"THIS VEHICLE IS AT OUR YARD IN CARSON .CALIFORNIA
READY TO SHIP TO AUSTRALIA"

That certainly explains the left hand drive.

As hard as the left rear quarter got hit, you can bet there's frame damage.

Looks like home brew Dart/Barracuda, thats crunched bad in the rear.

Minor Damage??? What a joke....Looks like it need a L/R 3/4 clip to me.....Here is the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...3331+&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

!B,biSzw!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKkQEjlLmWTSVBKrZ0)Kn7w~~_3.JPG

!B,biU+!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmUhVfBKrZ05!yW!~~_3.JPG

So it is going to Aussieland! Come on, can't we send our southern brothers a better example than that? Seems like alot to spend on a parts car!

There is a couple that I deliver hay to. They have a bunch of old chevys and fords siting around that they say they try to sell over seas to australia because they can get these outrageous prices for them.

There is a couple that I deliver hay to. They have a bunch of old chevys and fords siting around that they say they try to sell over seas to australia because they can get these outrageous prices for them.

Reminds of the '88-'90 era where our cars were heading to Japan for outrageous money.

old neighbor sold a maverick with a 302 in it, crusty quarters, floors and trunk for close to 10k to somebody in Germany. i did not believe him, made him show the wire transfer reciept....scary...

Judicious application of a 50-pound slide hammer and a little paint = good as new. ;-)

If I read it correctly, shipping is already figured into the price. I've no clue what that normally runs, but it may not be a terrible deal with that in mind. That weighed against the cost of replacing tin and some time on a frame machine may swing it over to cost prohibitive. At the very least it appears to be a fairly complete Plymodge.

if ya guys wanna laugh at prices , go to the ebay.com.au and look under collector cars section, wow the prices for mustangs, chevs , vetts ,are sum times crazy...i knew i guy who paid $12k for a 66 mustang 6cly auto poverty pak model,needed floor pans, sills ,ran like a ol coal train,needed a full repaint, trim looked like a cat and 2 german shepards had attacked it so just think how much it would owe him finished but he loves it !
50's chevs go for nutso money, ya really gotta do ya home work in australia before ya buy something, sum really really "dodgy rusty/bogged up/bondo have turned up here ,kinda criminal..guys here get excited with "glamour "20ft away pictures of a car promised the world that the car is "perfect one owner rust free never smashed with low low miles X showcar museum piece, survivor....." get it to Oz and its a death trap, rough as guts!
a good freind of mine runs a resto shop i saw a 57 chev convert that came in bought threw ebay .it looked great it was a "older restoration', but things changed when the owner found out the entire floor was rusted out and merely gel coated with fibre glass!!!!! car was torn apart and one rear quarter panel had even been replaced and then pop riveted together and bogged up,doors rusted out .this car owed the new owner around $50k delivered to OZ, he spent a further $40k on a full resto on this car, gotta try get sum pics of it very scary prior its rebuild
then another problem is when people here in Oz decide to convert their "newly aquired" LHD car and do the most dangerous RHD "home ' converstions ..these cars never drive again properly....bitza of this bitza this,.....when it doubt leave the bloody thing lhd!
oh yeh that dodge is $8990 deliverd to australia , so my opoliges for adding freight costs to that , but i still think its a bit of money for it..considering it needs alot of luv in the back end. ...maybe its a weekend repair job....still ya never know with ebay

keep cruzin
aussie dart guy:-D

Well, the steering wheel is on the left and the speedo is in Miles/hour so it isn't
an Aussie or Canadian built rig. toolmanmike

Just a note, we didn't change from MPH until maybe the mid-late '70's. So it could have been a Canadian built vehicle.

But I'm leaning more toward the Mexican thing.

And that is one bad quarter.

-
Back