Tell me again about adjustable? stud rockers for EQ mag heads?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Stud kit? Chev? other? rockers? Options with the stock rocker mounts?

For the Magnum,I like these bad boys.

Hughes Engines

I know they're pricey, but those are badass quality.

If I remember correctly, I read someplace, that you could use Chevy stud mounts. But you had to redrill the head for the Chevy stud size which is larger. 3/8ths I think it was.I'm actually not 100% sure about this. I doubt I'll get there.

Crane also makes a kit to convert them. They are 5/16 studs on the bottom and 3/8 on top. Since they are only 5/16 they cannot take a lot of spring pressure, but if you are going with a relatively mild build, they will work fine. Then you use a Chevy rocker arm for a 3/8 stud.

This same kit also works on later Ford small blocks. I have it installed myself on the 5.0 roller motor I built for the RobKat. It's a nice kit. I used the Comp ductile iron rockers on mine.

Here is the kit from Crane.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-36655-16/overview/

Used the Crane kit, with a Chevy 1.5 Chevy roller rockers, with a custom length push rod. Seems to work well, with a mild hyd.roller....

Used the Crane kit, with a Chevy 1.5 Chevy roller rockers, with a custom length push rod. Seems to work well, with a mild hyd.roller....

Thanks guys for the replies. Now you say custom PR are you using OEM type cam and rollers? So changing the studs / rockers mandates custom PR length?

Thanks guys for the replies. Now you say custom PR are you using OEM type cam and rollers? So changing the studs / rockers mandates custom PR length?
I did, because I wanted a centered sweel, on the valve tip...

Yes on stock Magnum lifters, running a Howards la hyd roller.

Sounds like with otherwise OEM stuff I would need different PR. My cam is smaller circle, it is a regrind. LA roller block, EQ heads, OEM rollers with reground cam

Yes. I had to get custom length pushrods for my 5.0 Ford. I was lucky though, because they were an off the shelf length. Pushrods are cheap though, even in custom length.

-
Back