"Tennessee Waltz" - The Song Is Silent

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
MSN.com report says Patti Page passed yesterday at 85. Great voice.

Here's the story:
Patti Page, who made "Tennessee Waltz" one of the best-selling recordings ever, has died. She was 85.
Page died on New Year's Day in Encinitas, Calif., according to her manager.
She was one of the top-selling female singers in history, achieving more than 100 million record sales, and created a distinctive sound for the music industry in 1947 by overdubbing her own voice when she didn't have enough money to hire backup singers for the single "Confess."
She had 24 records in the top 10, including four that reached No. 1. She was also the first singer to have television programs on all three major networks, including "The Patti Page Show" on ABC.

Yes she will be missed and had a great voice. RIP Miss Page

My lady's father " Charlie Adams " published Tennessee Waltz way back which made him enough monies to buy their home.

Patti Page did a marvelous job from there throughout her life, R.I.P.

Gosh just weeks I posted a video here of Miss Page singing the Tennessee Waltz.

Such a gracious lady. Interestingly as of 1974 the Tennessee Waltz was the top selling record in Japan.

No autotune

No electronic editing

Just plain good talent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek3eCbfqp0"]The Tennessee Waltz - singer Patti Page 1950 - YouTube[/ame]

Bump for Sunday morning. Thanks for the video sr71mopar, it was nice to hear her singing so beautifully, practically a capella too with very little instrumental accompaniment.

No autotune

No electronic editing

Just plain good talent.
No kidding! Just how many current "singers" could perform without those electronic gimmicks? As a side note the 5 hour energy drink ad that has the guy doing everything then singing "and recording my debut album" is about true but I can't stand that electronic voice crap! Thanks for the video, a beautiful voice lost!

-
Back