Test and tune nights around California.

-

340dartley

Reaction score
My closest local track is Famosa Raceway. Does anyone know the test and tune schedules for tracks around California? I looked at Famosa Raceway website and they mention a street tune class but cars have to be Street legal.

Fontana is having a TnT this Saturday..... slight chance I may make that trek.

**** brotha... i think the only other track around that would be an option is Irwindale Dragway which would be a nice little haul for ya but, at least they operate every Thursday from 4pm to 10pm (1/8 mile track tho) - plus, your car doesnt need to be a street car or anything to run there, you can run whatever you want as long as it passes tech.

Irwindale requires mufflers. And its best to check the place out first. The return road around the oval is a bit different. Goes thru the roundy round pits and they practice thursdays also. Great place to race. Great staff,plenty parking and the stands are close to the track with the return road between them. Plus you would like to say you raced there as this might be the last season. Place has been sold. Another one bites the dust!

Irwindale requires mufflers. And its best to check the place out first. The return road around the oval is a bit different. Goes thru the roundy round pits and they practice thursdays also. Great place to race. Great staff,plenty parking and the stands are close to the track with the return road between them. Plus you would like to say you raced there as this might be the last season. Place has been sold. Another one bites the dust!

Bummer. That track was on my bucket list!

Not sure but Inyokern Airport use to have drags.... Not sure if thay are still racing there?

Inyokern was shut down after 9/11... FAA policies.

Fontana is a parking lot track,sort of. Lol. When the big show comes to town its down. For a month. Used to be in front of the oval.

Rialto airport drags closed after 9/11 also. But I never put 2+2 together. Now I got it....after 14 years.

My closest local track is Famosa Raceway. Does anyone know the test and tune schedules for tracks around California? I looked at Famosa Raceway website and they mention a street tune class but cars have to be Street legal.

Guess you have to tow south.... Go to Las Vegas.... or tow north..... Better call Famoso and see when you can test and tune... Or just OutLaw Street race in OilDale.....lol

Inyokern shut down in 2004. FAA let them slide for a while before they inforced it. That is actually the track I grew up at. My car spent almost all of its racing life at inyokern. Famosa is my best bet but they do not show any dates for non events on there calendar.

Sacramento Raceway has a TnT every saturday according to their schedule on their web page....

Most tracks rent out occasionally. See if you can get in on one of those. Attended one once way back at LACR. Was really nice,laid back. Ideal for learning a new car.

-
Back