Test drove my car today , "Video"

-
After thinking about that test drive vid last night what really stands out to me, besides the dirt bike like throttle response, was the freedom you had to drive around without a hood and terrorize the town. No cops around, no hassles. Is Canada really that much more free than here in the USofA where the cops see us and think they can write a ticket or two and make some moolah at our expense? I would never think of trying that even in my country area. Too many jerk cops out to make a name for themselves and "clean up the streets".

Is it legal to ride around with your hood off??..Just curious lol

I've seen that Scamp at Port a couple years now, but don't recall hearing it run. Very nice work! Will you be taking it down to the show in Campbell River on Sept 4? (I believe that's the right date.. the one that's in town, not the one at the Chevy dealership). I think I'm going to go up there for it in the Valiant.

I think I have some pictures of your Scamp as well as the Duster. He also ownes the 64 Hemi Polara, the Aspen kit car, and the Volare does he not?

1971PlymouthValiantScamp340.jpg

DSC04593.jpg

Newchip20101175.jpg

1964DodgePolaraRamcharger426HEMI.jpg

DSC02850.jpg

DSC02851.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

Not sure I will make the show and shin, The pics you have are from a few years back I had not run the car since. Lost the engine in mission. I was running 11.5s with it then, I ran a 9.99 at Port this year. The duster, ya thats Don Bailey grate guy, loves his Mopars.

Is it legal to ride around with your hood off??..Just curious lol

Yes it is legal to ride around with no hood, but just **** lucky to get away with the test drive. I have driven buy a few cops and had no trouble with them yet, I just smile and keep driving.but if I keep it up I will be sure to have trouble

Yes it is legal to ride around with no hood, but just **** lucky to get away with the test drive. I have driven buy a few cops and had no trouble with them yet, I just smile and keep driving.but if I keep it up I will be sure to have trouble

I have gone back and watched that test drive vid a few times. I really like the way the engine spins like my 525 KTM dirt bike on soft ground! That red PU truck at 7:15 must not have been looking as he was dead in your sights.

Yeah, the cops are gonna know you pretty well. Better invest in a box of donuts and make friends. Spinning 13" tires up to 7K like it's nothing... must be a real hoot.

I can't help but hear the lyrics from the Beach Boys song "Little duece coupe"... it gets hard to steer when I'm getting rubber in all four gears!

I've been pulled over for no hood here in Canada. Yet they do allow no windshield oddly enough. I brough my chevelle to the glass shop as I had cracked the windshield pulling it.

Had to pull in order to weld up some rust that was making my feet wet!

I just laid the cracked window back in and drove to the glass shop. I was hoping to keep the bugs out of my teeth. When I got to the glass shop,they kindly told me it was illegal to travel with the window loose,but O.K to drive with no window at all.

A cop never pulled me over so I never got a ticket,lucky me.Now I know...

I've been pulled over for no hood here in Canada. Yet they do allow no windshield oddly enough. I brough my chevelle to the glass shop as I had cracked the windshield pulling it.

Had to pull in order to weld up some rust that was making my feet wet!

I just laid the cracked window back in and drove to the glass shop. I was hoping to keep the bugs out of my teeth. When I got to the glass shop,they kindly told me it was illegal to travel with the window loose,but O.K to drive with no window at all.

A cop never pulled me over so I never got a ticket,lucky me.Now I know...
I guess I should count my self lucky then, I have been driving my car for years with no hood in the summer months and been pulled over a few times with no word on the hood missing. I will just knock on some wood and keep doing it till other wise.

Know "The Man" and all his work is top drawer,yes it finally hit track,and with slipping clutch broke the 9's,best part is his home constructed "coil-over" front end. he short sells himself on HP guess,my call is 700plus no bottle!

Boy, does that thing ever rev quick!
As for rules here in Canada, well in Lethbridge, Alberta at least, you can run without a hood and you can also run slicks on the street legally, but it's illegal if you leave the city limits.

Know "The Man" and all his work is top drawer,yes it finally hit track,and with slipping clutch broke the 9's,best part is his home constructed "coil-over" front end. he short sells himself on HP guess,my call is 700plus no bottle!

Love to see and hear about the home brewed coil over susp ie; part #'s,mods,pics ,pics,pics. Im in the process of stripping down my Dart and when looking at the t bars I realised why many want to remove them. It sure would clear things up for a header route.

700 hp has a nice sound, no Dyno #s so I will have to see what next years #s bring me. I still need to get the clutch tuned better. I do have 250 Nos plate on the car but not sure I can pull it off with the 833 trany with out leaving it on the track in peaces. :burnout:

need to fine some concrete to launch on asphalt isnt the best for some grip .. and have your buddy ck the frt end of the duster pic looks like it toes way in on launch

Ya duster has some front end issues!but it's just a generic A body with origonal suspension,allbeit superstock leafs well clamped,best is 10.19 and does see small air on launch.really should get Scampman to do my front end. PS ran my hemi dozen passes with street radial mickies with wrong air press,and only saw low 11's,smart mopar guy told me press should be close to 20 with my size,put in 21 and did a 10.2 pass!! on that note retired my collector item.

always admired 2ed gen(not italian design) mayflowers,took 64 273 4 gear to nats with butter 7.25 -3.55 rear gear,ran low 14's until finally shattered diff! glad to see someone keeping history's fun plymouth alive! canadian Nam vet,Caspers with 173ed here! Welcome home!

Drove up through Prince George to Prince Rupert to get to the Alaska State ferry (on the way to KTKN) a few years back. On three seperate occassions the RCMP flew past me-antenna's pushed waaay back- and I was doing 80+ MPH:blob:

Drove up through Prince George to Prince Rupert to get to the Alaska State ferry (on the way to KTKN) a few years back. On three seperate occassions the RCMP flew past me-antenna's pushed waaay back- and I was doing 80+ MPH:blob:
I have an Auto business called S & J Auto I started it in 1983 and I have had a few cops ( RCMP ) take interest in my car, but one particular cop just recently retired and with in a week he came to my shop and said OK take me for a ride in this baby. I barley got out of second gear and he was saying holly **** slow this thing down. He said he has driven some realy fast hwy patrol cars, thought they would be comparable ( NOT ) needless to say I scared the crap out of him. Love it.

I have an Auto business called S & J Auto I started it in 1983 and I have had a few cops ( RCMP ) take interest in my car, but one particular cop just recently retired and with in a week he came to my shop and said OK take me for a ride in this baby. I barley got out of second gear and he was saying holly **** slow this thing down. He said he has driven some realy fast hwy patrol cars, thought they would be comparable ( NOT ) needless to say I scared the crap out of him. Love it.

That is awesome! haaaa:D
With my 410 4spd 70 Dart I took one of my employees for a ride, he says I always hear you talking about this car take me for a ride in it, so I did. I was headed up an on ramp rolling in first so I hit it and banged all 4 gears. We entered the freeway at over 110 Mph still pulling hard and I let off. When we got done he says you know when you hit 2nd gear my vision went Blurry for a second. My build was nothing like yours but still was pretty funny.

That is awesome! haaaa:D
With my 410 4spd 70 Dart I took one of my employees for a ride, he says I always hear you talking about this car take me for a ride in it, so I did. I was headed up an on ramp rolling in first so I hit it and banged all 4 gears. We entered the freeway at over 110 Mph still pulling hard and I let off. When we got done he says you know when you hit 2nd gear my vision went Blurry for a second. My build was nothing like yours but still was pretty funny.
Ya the 4 spd cars are fun hey.

Ok i am scared now don't come into my streetssssssssssss.Very well built,but just one thing bug me that dam mirror it block all the greenery.

-
Back