Thanks Ron!

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
Just picked up this 1965 Barracuda from @RON REAGLE. Sounds and feels like an all out race car. I can’t wait to drive it around my neighborhood. I was already accosted by two (older) ladies who wanted to know more about this car on the trailer. Thanks Ron!!! We will cherish it for many years!!!
B0C9985D-37DD-4291-91E0-9D4156F9DFD6.jpeg
43277E3C-1F0B-4078-98FA-57C787745125.jpeg
4115A45F-4AF1-4FD5-B1BD-FC23B9E34ACF.jpeg

And major Kudos to @fratzog lover for copiloting this 15 hour excellent adventure!!! We got it home safe and sound. Plus we squeezed 31.1 gallons into my 29.5 gallon gas tank tank too ;-). Talk about “sucking fumes”!

My wife urged me to get this car and she is in total love with it after seeing it in person. I can’t wait to show it to her in daylight. She won’t be able to drive it with the manual steering, but I may convert it for her, assuming it doesn’t scare the living daylights out of her from just riding in it.

That's badass. It reminded me of how I had my 65 Valiant done.......minus paint as mine was primer grey. lol Glad it found a good home.

Congrats. It looks like a great car and it went to a good home!

Congrats! That is a very nice car. I have seen a local 65 Barracuda with a Borgeson PS box on it, and I'm pretty sure the headers were Dougs. If I remember right, your headers are TTI's.

710A8EDC-C3CF-4B0B-8634-2807FD2A031E.jpeg

Here is Ron Reagle and I sealing the deal! Great guy!

After taking it off the trailer this morning, my neighbor climbed into the passenger seat for a ride around the neighborhood. I shifted slowly from 1st to 2nd and was gentle on the gas pedal so I wouldn’t scare him. Then I shifted into 3rd and gave it a little punch. Immediately broke the tires loose! My neighbor said “boy this thing has balls!”

I kept telling people "Come see and hear this car" you won't be disappointed. Bryan was the ONLY guy serious enough to drive here to see it. If for any reason he wasn't Happy I would have given his deposit right back. I am Very Happy the car went to someone who will continue to enjoy and appreciate that car.

My step-son commented when he went for his first ride in that car "IT HAS HYPERDRIVE!!!" He had never been in a v-8 4 speed car and was amazed at full throttle acceleration!!! He was involved in going to look at and purchase the 65 and is broken hearted I sold it. Even a very spirited ride home in the 68 didn't cheer him up.

Yeah you just caint tell people what short gears can do for a car until they ride in it for themselves. I drove 4.30s on the street almost four years. If you have a really hot drive train that's the only way to go!

Very nice car and a great deal IMHO.

My brother has been looking for an a-body. I sent him the link to the original sale ad but he has his heart set on a convertible. His loss, lol.

That's going to be a fun car to drive!!

We are going to have to demand more photos!!! And maybe a YouTube or two!!

@RON REAGLE I was sorry to know that your stepson was as upset as he was to see this car go to another home. He seems like a very nice young man. I meant it when I said that you can drive it again if you ever come to visit us in NJ.

@67Dart273 You can bet that I’ll post some yootube videos, when I get it registered and on the road. I went to the NJ motor vehicle commission this morning and they turned me away. It seems that just today, they shifted to an appointment only system and the earliest next appointment is this coming Thursday. I think that I’ll pop on a “temp” plate tomorrow and drive around my neighborhood.:lol:

You wait till you get that car on the highway about 4,000 rpm The exhaust note changes like a Supercar!!! Then step on it. It's going to make you smile from ear to ear listening to it.

RADIO? You don't need no stinkin Radio LOL

-
Back