That annoying squawk

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Like a constipated duck when one of the rear wheels goes into a dip.

I checked and made sure the nylon strips are there, and they are.
Also all of the bushings in the rear were replaced with Poly but that sound has always been consistant so I figure it has to be the spring surfaces.
Anyone have a decent solution to this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1st thing I would try to do is locate exactly where it's coming from. Noises can be tricky and transfer to/from an area you wouldn't suspect....

Will it make the noise if you're bouncing the rear of the car while sitting still ?

Shock seal?

New shocks and it did it before the new ones.

Noises can be tricky and transfer to/from an area you wouldn't suspect....
Will it make the noise if you're bouncing the rear of the car while sitting still ?

Tell me about it, and I'm usually pretty good with this kind of stuff.
It only does it on a deep dip with either rear wheel.
(Like turning a corner from a stop and the tire drops off into a pothole)
Sudden shocks like a 12 inch hole don't make it happen, just those long deep dips that make the supension travel a lot.

It pretty much has to be friction between the spring leafs it seems like, from the sound and location.

Does it sound like this?

[ame]http://youtu.be/15ck6_Hl5jY[/ame]

Did you take the front spring mounts out? I did and have a creak when I go out of my driveway or when turning with a drop off. Worse when backing up. I can't get it to make the noise by bouncing the rear.

Did you take the front spring mounts out? I did and have a creak when I go out of my driveway or when turning with a drop off. Worse when backing up. I can't get it to make the noise by bouncing the rear.

Just swapped out the bushings, but the driveway scenario sound like it would do it.
As if coming out of a long deep dip of the suspension.

-
Back