That project vehicle you have plans for, but just can't get to yet....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So almost 4 years ago, I dragged this 68 Ragtop home. The plan was to kick butt on it and have the suspension done in 6 months and the body ready for paint a year ago.... I have managed to collet a bunch of parts, got the 3.55 8-3/4 under it.... now the Shelby Dakota needs to be stripped and painted. That will turn into a mild refresh of the motor. Going to do that before the 68 simply because I don't want it to be as bad as the 68 before I get to it. Was going to do it this past winter, but a leaking basement wall took priority. So now I'm remodeling the basement. Late this year I should be able to get the Shelby in...

In the mean time, here's the 68.... waiting patiently for its turn.....

20180201_164154.jpg
20180201_164136.jpg

I bought a 70 Duster 6 years ago that I thought would be a quick redo and would be on the road. After starting a family (2 kids now), the car is stripped and I'm putting a new trunk floor in it. Time is not as free or plentiful as I had hoped it would be, but I'm slowly picking away at it. I have most of the stuff to get it back together, including a nice 340, 4 speed and 3.21 8.75" Sure Grip. As most projects, I'm sure I will have more into it than it will be worth, but that's the fun of it! Next project is my grandpa's old 1949 Ford F-1 pickup. It is really rough, so it will be a rat rod. Hoping to put the body on a Dakota frame so I can more easily stuff a MOPAR drivetrain in it. Maybe a 5.7 Hemi by the time I get to it.

Have had this one for over 40 years now. A clapped out race car that I ran back in 1976.
Slowly(can I be any slower ?) Doubt if I will ever finish it. Maybe next year,or the next,or.

IMG_2733.jpg

If I ever bought a car as a project and it sat for more than 5 years then I would have to sell it. No sense in hanging onto something and not enjoying it when someone else can enjoy it.

Got 2;
- '57 Plymouth Belvedere 4dr HT
- '59 Dodge Coronet 2dr HT
Also got a '64 Chrysler NewYorker 4dr HT that's stranded and its suspension will be used on the '59 Dodge "one day".

I have a 70 Challenger that I bought last spring, I did manage to build a distributor for it in the last week, and sandblast some motor mounts.

I also have another Cuda' project that I hope to do something with before I die.

Sorta like the Jeff Foxworthy redneck humor?????:

If you have more than one old classic mopar car project, then maybe.......

If it takes you more than 2 decades to finish a mopar project, then maybe......

If it takes you as long at work to complete a task , as it takes you to get anything really finished on your old mopar, then maybe.... ( you are looking for a job?????) ha....................

Then maybe you are a Mopar guy ( or girl?)??????

The list is long......

I've got more really good project cars than I can fix, if I live to be 80! That's 20 more years. I'm going to thin the herd before long! On the way out is the 69 Dart GT conv. , the 74 Cuda 360, and more than likely my 70 Challenger A66 that I've owned since 79. I've been piddling on my 70 Duster that's getting a 5.7 Hemi for 5 or 6 years now. :BangHead:

If it takes you more than 2 decades to finish a mopar project, then maybe......
Sums up my Dart perfectly, had it 20 years and have put in and removed two 360's after removing the blown /6 from it. A complete GT interior and 68 k frame, a 413/727, and a 3.23 8 & 3/4, she is waiting to be transformed into a running, driving, stopping automobile this year, i swear!

Well I sold my "get to it sometime" projects. 66 and gave away a 67 BB dart.

-
Back