That's Right! It's a Duster!

-
What would be funny is to take a Nova body and outfit it with all Duster trim, interior, engine, suspension etc.

That would piss off the Chevy guys!

Last edited:
The nova is a good looking car.

The Duster is just a better car.

They were obviously inspired by the gen 3 nova but Mopar executed it way better.

We've had several nova vs Duster threads.

Here's a recap-

nova- weak bolted front sub frame.
Duster- welded uni-body.
Verdict- have you ever seen a Duster "dog track"?

nova- post coupe with posts around door windows
Duster- hybrid design with higed rear windows and no posts on door windows set an engineering record for most side glass curvature.
Also preceded the similar gm "colonnade" styling used on intermediates by 3 years.

nova- small rear wheel wells with low arches.
Duster- run almost any size and width you want.

Duster/Demon/Dart Sport- could be had with functional hod scoop(s).
nova- don't think so.
Seen plenty of Dusters Dog track with the rear differential housings in crooked from the factory due to leaf spring mounts not correctly welded in

Dusters never came with functional scoops. Only 340 , 360 Darts, Dart Sports and Demons for 5 years. The Duster Twisters did not have holes in the hoods they were ornamental

The Novas made it very easy to install lexan windows without braces using the existing window frame on the door. As the reason 2 dr sedan mopars are sought after

So I wouldn't compare the pros and cons from Nova to Duster. I think the Nova is comparable. Also I could think of several things the Novas have to the good that Duster don't.

I had My share of both cars. Also 65-70 Mustangs which I will never own another unless its on a shelf for future resale. I hated driving the bed springs down main street. You can't sneak up on anyone coasting with an old ford shut off. They were squeakers since the Model T was Born. And don't ever have sex in a ford you'll draw in spectators from a mile away.

-
Back