The best small block how to books?

-

gregsdart

Reaction score
What is our there? I have the one on big inch small blocks, and one on how to rebuild small blocks. Anything I have missed?

What is our there? I have the one on big inch small blocks, and one on how to rebuild small blocks. Anything I have missed?
I have those same two books I believe. ...but I learned more from this forum that those 2 books combined :thumbsup:

Jeff

I like the Mopar Engines book from Mopar performance. Lots of decent tech info, and a section with actual recipes for building a performance engine.

"How to Hot Rod Small Block Mopar Engines" by Larry Shepard is good, as stated the Mopar Performance Engine book is good; there is info in there that does not show up other places; "Mopar Performance" by Larry Schreib, published by S-A design publishing co. is another, it's old, copy right on mine is 1978, it also has info not found other places like a 1/2 page of block dimensions.

I first picked up "How to rebuild ..." by Taylor. I'll have to look at the book for the details. It was very good. Built my first and last engines from that book and the "How to HotRod..." books.
Never a problem!

-
Back