The best suspension upgrade for cornering?

-
If you want to get your QA1 set from Summit, 10% off Code 2RETYV makes them $125.95 each.

Thanks for the tip! For front & rear QA1 shocks, the total from summit would be: $515.75 Discount saves you $56 bucks...

The factory mopar suspension design is pretty damn good. I would be really suprised if the aftermarket suspensions systems could outperform a properly set up factory chassis. I have had really good success with the a body chassis, on a paved 1/2 mile track. Here is the car..........

practice1.jpg

cool car! can you tell us more about it, suspension setup and all? got anymore pics?

So the 318 W/air springs are the same as the 340? Or should I add them to the upgrade list also? And are Poly bushings good for the rear springs(I've heard conflicting reports)?

And Autox... Are those single or double adjustable?

So the 318 W/air springs are the same as the 340? Or should I add them to the upgrade list also? And are Poly bushings good for the rear springs(I've heard conflicting reports)?

And Autox... Are those single or double adjustable?

Yes, the 318 W/air springs are the same as the 340. There's not that much difference in rate between them. The 340 T-bars are nothing very special. If you are looking for improved handling and want to buy new T-bars go around .94 or above.

With the other stuff you are doing, go with the 1.00" just suspension T-bar on sale for $179. That will make a huge immediate difference. You will be happy.

Poly rear leaf springs are fine. That's a performance increase, but you have some ride tradeoff. As with most all handling upgrades. The Polys will translate more trunk resonance/noise. Some people run rubber fronts and rear poly as a trade off.

The shock I have are single adjustable QA1's. From what Rocketride said you can get them for $125 EACH.

KOOL....I decided.....and I Just now ordered those shocks...

You're running an alterkion, right? What spring rate are you running up front? What spring rate are you running in the rear?

You're running an alterkion, right? What spring rate are you running up front? What spring rate are you running in the rear?

Hey Autox, I'm running the AlterKation on my '70 dart. NOT the '68 Barracuda that I'm rebuilding the front suspension on....I THINK the spring rate that I'm using on the Dart with the Alterkation is the 450# spring rate....

Hey Autox, I'm running the AlterKation on my '70 dart. NOT the '68 Barracuda that I'm rebuilding the front suspension on....I THINK the spring rate that I'm using on the Dart with the Alterkation is the 450# spring rate....

Which one did you buy the shocks for? What is the spring/T-bars in that one?

-
Back