The best you tube video ever!!!

-
good bump 66340Sedan!

how about those track officials...no safety protection at all...drivers too..nice Vans Landy is wearing!

Thanks for the memories!!! I grew up in SoCal during that time frame and, I got to tell ya', it was great. Did most of my racing at OCIR, but also went to Irwindale and Lions. Fontana and San Gabriel had already closed by then.
Friday and Saturday night cruisin' Bob's Big Boy on Whittier Blvd in my '69 Swinger 340.
Most of that video was shot at the long-gone Ontario Motor Speedway. The timing tower in front of the grandstands still exists as a security tower in the parking lot at Pomona fairgrounds. You can see it as you leave the parking lot southeast of the finish line at Pomona.
Again, thanks for the memories.

WOW! the best guys ever doing what they loved. whatching Landy speed shifting gave me goose bumps. this is the best video ive seen. thanks 66340sedan! i trully wish i was around then to see all those legends in a much more simple time with american made muscle.

Too Cool!

Looks like he reused some of the footage from the first one on part two, but that's a minor, minor gripe...

Thanks for sharing. I love the old drag racing footage.

Ray

That is the best video and the second one two.:cheers:
It sure brings back the good old days at the track when my mom would let me go.:love7:

my uncles liked to race, Smoke and drink and have a good time and then stay in the truck and tent all night and then drive back to camp the next morning.
Grape fruit for there hang over's I would jump out of the truck and grab a few off the farmers tree's Yep those are some good memories. :cheers:

Still brings a tear.

Them vid's were awesome!!! I have always lived out in the sticks half way between nowhere so I never got the chance to see any of these greats in person but I started reading about them in every magazine I could get my hands on starting about age 14 which was in 1978. It's great that we have the Internet to share great stuff like this for those of us that didn't see them in person. Thanks for sharing them.

I love those old videos. Fishman and I were just recalling times at our local track in the 70`s. You could walk all through the pits and talk with whoever you wanted to, get right up to the cars, even stand right by the burnout box while they warmed up the tires. Drag racing was still sort of an outlaws sport and wasn`t near as governed like it is now. Man, those were the days!

:toothy10:

Bump-1.jpg

-
Back