The Byrd ,and psychedelic,.. rock thread. .

-
Up to 2010 we actually had an AM radio station in the area (before the radio went all corporate)

I actually have a memory of hearing this song in my dad's 69 A56 Cuda over the AM radio and single speaker in the dash.

It was raining one summer day in 2006 and I was sitting in the car while my dad was in the hardware store. what a great song to remind me of that.

shortly after the car was retired due to showing it's age bad and was removed from the road to await a restoration.

Someday again I will jam this in that car

Cool story so right click and save it for that time then. :D
www.letsgocomputers.com/music/Flowergirl.mp3

I fixed the bass a little.

Check out the Motor City Madman, the Nuge! young Ted Nugent on lead guitar in my 2nd link to the Amboy Dukes.

This band claims they coined the term "psychedelic rock" in 1966. Either way, my favorite psych band by a mile.....

Ok.
We can go all over the place with this.
You list Metallica. But that is not 60s music.
If we can go into the early 70s lets mix some Metallica with Pink Floyd and what do we get?
HAWKWIND!
( Beware, not all Hawkwind is created equal)

Yes Hendrix is "overplayed". You are right.
I find Hendrix's music "uncoordinated"
(Johnny Winter was also at Woodstock but look who got the publicity.)
So let's go with the incomparable "Bridge Of Sighs" by Robbin Trower as an alternative to Hendrix.

Too bad the Allman Bros sucked all the energy from Capricorn Records.
One of the great injustices of life.
The first two or three Captain Beyond records never get old.
(Bobby Caldwell....speaking of Johnny Winter. How could it not be killer drums)

Even though Jack Black calls Led Zep "gods", IMO Led Zep tends to be "pretentious".
If we are going to "mine" the 60s, check out the early MOVE.

(And don't neglect the later MOVE and Roy Wood solo!!!!!!)

The B side of this single.

Well, could go on and on.
But does anyone besides me prefer the "Bob Welsh" Fleetwood Mac to the Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac?
Christine Mcvie voice is also better that Stevie Nicks as well.
(Too nasal)

View attachment 1715118274

Oh, almost forgot Hydra as an alternative to Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Boogie!

I'm liking the Hawkwind song and the Captain Beyond. I heard some Captain Beyond on Sirus radio when we had that, pretty good music imo. Searched Ebag for vinyl Hawkwind, found it but sellers were pretty proud, going to keep looking, thanks!

One of my favorites.

I got this in the mail today, vinyl in excellent condition and Side A sounded great! On to the B side, thanks again to the OP and MOPAROFFICIAL for the recommendation : )

IMG_3137.jpg

^awesome, haven't heard Reflections From the Looking Glass in 40 years or more!

Last edited:
Not sure how to do it exactly but if you go to youtube and search for me, Tom Hand, I think you can see my playlist and all the rocking songs on it, many of which are in this three page string. Better still, if someone can tell me how, let me know what I need to do to actually compile and share the list here.
Tom

-
Back