The Byrd ,and psychedelic,.. rock thread. .

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Got tired of Metallica ,Led Zep , and the Doors .. Hendrix ,overplayed in my mentality. Went to the Byrd 's greatest hits... Help me ,to sanity . Show me good '60's music :(
Today's music, couldn't blow up a children's balloon ,with creavitivity.
Help...

Gotta love going back to the era of Boxy cars, cat eye glasses and peace signs everywhere.

Definitely a cool time in history, I often watch the movie Forrest Gump to get a feel for the time and hear the great soundtrack.

I can sit in my 66 Polara and play some of these songs and try to imagine the times LOL

Being born in the 80s, I am sure I will never get it completely but its fun trying

My own personal absolute song that captures the times IMO

These guys are lesser known but actually very famous song writers, having wrote many songs for the Monkees ....these guys were pure 60s talent.

Up to 2010 we actually had an AM radio station in the area (before the radio went all corporate)

I actually have a memory of hearing this song in my dad's 69 A56 Cuda over the AM radio and single speaker in the dash.

It was raining one summer day in 2006 and I was sitting in the car while my dad was in the hardware store. what a great song to remind me of that.

shortly after the car was retired due to showing it's age bad and was removed from the road to await a restoration.

Someday again I will jam this in that car

These guys are lesser known but actually very famous song writers, having wrote many songs for the Monkees ....these guys were pure 60s talent.

Yes Rani ,I know who they are ...abd the Monkees ,were still good.

Gotta love going back to the era of Boxy cars, cat eye glasses and peace signs everywhere.

Definitely a cool time in history, I often watch the movie Forrest Gump to get a feel for the time and hear the great soundtrack.

I can sit in my 66 Polara and play some of these songs and try to imagine the times LOL

Being born in the 80s, I am sure I will never get it completely but its fun trying

My own personal absolute song that captures the times IMO

The Yardbirds ? Oh yeah !

i named my 63 Valiant wagon "Denise" because of this song.

I heard it over an AM radio back in the mid 2000s when we still had KDZA AM radio.

Put on the chamber's brothers ........ Time has come today. And enjoy the ride.:icon_fU::icon_fU:. oh let's not forget ........ Pictures of matchstick men and you...... Status quo .

Last edited:
You can't beat a Wooly Bully!!!

And you don't find this sexy you ain't got a heart beat!!

Treblig

One of my favorite early hard rock/psychedelic bands.

Another from the late 60s.

Last edited:
If I remember right (I am a product of the 60s an 70s) Jethro Tull is supposed to be in concert at Vina Robles Amphitheatre in Paso Robles next spring/summer. Nice venue, however, you may not want to take your "low to the ground" cruiser, the exit is a little different :rofl:

This may date me, but being born in '62, i listened to a lot of great ones in the '60s and '70s that my parents HATED!
Like the Beatles, Stones, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, The Yardbirds, Alice Cooper, Ram Jam, The Who, Leonard Skynard, even Johnny Cash and the list goes on and on.............
How can you be into cars and not like Deep Purple's Highway Star song or Smoke on the Water? Machine Head is an awesome album in it's entirety..........
It's against the law!
However, some of the new artists today have some hope too, it's not all crapola!
Just don't get me started on Rap or even worse, New Country music.........

Last edited:
...and that's why the radio in my truck is stuck on Sirius XM "60s on 6".
The best era of music EVER!

...and that's why the radio in my truck is stuck on Sirius XM "60s on 6".
The best era of music EVER!
Very true but there's still a few songs (music) from the 50s that I like but I don't know why???

treblig

There is a good five piece documentary on Amazon Prime about the Grateful Dead.
They are well documented in the book "The Electric Cool-Aid Acid Test" as well-good read!
I saw the Dead and Jefferson Airplane live in San Francisco in 1967.
I like the Doors as well. Pretty much all of the rock from the 60's & 70's I like-------------

-
Back