The car you wish you would have kept?

-
Easy one for me:
1970 gtx
440, 4-speed, 4.10 Dana super track pack.
Hemi orange, black interior.
Console/buckets.
Air grabber car.

Was only a project car but I lost storage.
Still hurts. :(:lol:

Since I'm currently building a '69 Dart to replace the one I stupidly sold years ago, I'll go with the '70 Charger 500 we sold back in 1974 when we bought a new car ('74 TransAm, Buccaneer red with black interior and a 455).
The Charger was beautiful...triple black (paint, interior and vinyl top) with aluminum slot mags and L60-15 rear tires.
Another stupid decision from the past.

This one
AUT-22-RK3292-01P.jpg

Investment wise my `70 Hemi Challenger, but the one I really miss is 1968 Charger 318 A/C P/S P/B console automatic blue inside and out straight as an arrow body all stock, paid $500 from an lady in 1978 drove it all over USA to every state, one flat tire and one coil wire were the only problems. What killer car

My '68 Super Bee, 383 4-speed, gold with black stripe. Project car that never was finished. I least I got to drive the car while I was working on it.

68 Bee.jpg

no cars i sold (wrecked a few) but i did let go of a 75 yamaha RD250 motorcycle...still kicking myself for that one

72 Demon 340 4 speed 8.75 Top Banana yellow black interior. Bucket seats, electronic ignition, disc brake car. Vinyl top. I was the second owner. Bought it with 85k on the odometer.

The sickening thing I didn't realize at the time was that the car should have been in Stock eliminator. It was an early enough 72 that it had 2.02 valves and 10.5:1 Pistons. All the numbers matched on everything.

Makes me sick sick sick.

My '70 Charger SE 500. Bought it when I was in H.S. drove it after H.S. makes me sick when I think about it.

I have owned many over the last 3 decades. best driver was actually a 70 AAR cuda. hard to believe. I had many 70-1 E bodies, all rattled and drove like crap. why this AAR was so solid I have no idea.
close second was a 63 Savoy I changed over from a slant to 440 4 speed. one of my favorites even though not a "REAL" car. all the 64-6 B Bodies drove petty darn nice.

close favorite was a 69 charger rt, 440 -4 I changed it over to 4 speed. triple back,not a pimple, drove great and very upscale car.

My 65 Dart I bought in 1967...My ex-Wife made it go away,,,,then she burnt all the photo's so I would have nothing for memories but what's in my mind...*****.

Since it doesn't say favorite Mopar, I will chime in with my 62 Impala SS 409 4 speed black on red 2D HT. I was 2nd owner and traded it in on a Chevelle when my son was born.
I wish I had that car back!

Don't necessarily wish I still had it, but I had a 71 Tempest T-37 when I was 19. Never took a picture of it. I wish I had a picture, anyway had one hell of a summer in it way back in the when.

My 1st car was a 69 fastback barracuda... 19 years later and I still have it. Had a 96 camero right out of highschool that was a fun car to drive.

67 Dodge Charger, 440 Auto with Max Wedge intake with the twin velocity stacks through the hood and factory electric windows. Great car.

I can't tell you wish one I miss the most. Unfortunately, I've owned over 300 running driving vehicles since I was a very young teen, I'm well over the 60 year mark now. Some of them were the top notch stuff for their time, others were purpose built for what "I" wanted at that time, & some of them were just daily drivers because I was rebuilding something that I tore up or blew up on the weekend.

1969 Dart Swinger
273 Auto
Green with a white vinyl top.
Bench seat, column shift.
My first Mopar, paid $160 for it, filed the points and drove it home.
It had one beat up fender, driver's door striker had failed, freeze plugs were rusting out, and the dutchman panel was swiss cheese from the vinyl top. Floorboards and trunk were on the way as well...I loved it, but was in over my head skill and finance-wise. I let it go and have never been able to shake off thinking what it might be like now if I had kept it.

Don't even ask about the one's I wish I had bought!

69 Trans Am. 400 4 speed, that ran like a gut shot cat! I was 18 or 19.....started dating this hot chick who barrel raced horses, and just HAD to have something that would pull a horse trailer. Traded the Poncho in on a Ford pickup....stayed with the girl a month or so, and ain't seen her or the bird since! :realcrazy: :BangHead:

Well it would be my second car I owned bought from my friend for 800$ a 1970 Dodge Dart swinger I rebuilt the transmission put super stock springs under it. It had a 83/4 rear a 727 transmission but it also had a 360 under the hood. I changed out the bench seat to buckets. I put ralley rims on it. A long story. I wish I could find it now. Out in Phoenix, AZ

72 Charger rallye 400 magnum "the driveway is too crowded" I am a f#*kin idiot! I loved that f*#kin car!

When I was in college (in 1971), I had a mint 64 Sport Fury. It was perfect; low miles, white, red and white interior, PS, PB, Automatic, AC, Power windows. WHY DID I SELL THAT CAR??

-
Back