The "Dakota King" strikes again!!!!

-
I ain't touchin that filthy crap. Rolled up the carpet and into the garbage. My jeans STINK what little I was "in there." Take a shower and clothes right into the washer!!

Whatever that animal was it SMELLS

Well LOL the final nail in the coffin..........

Bear in mind I am NOT bitchin about the price..............

A runnin V6 4 good tires

But........

all the interior upholstry goes to the dump (smell and wear, filthy)

Got it on the hoist.............

Bed is terminal cancer had already decided that
Cab is terminal cancer both rockers are severe
Rear axle is not limited slip "no surprise"

But what I did NOT expect is that it is NOT a 42/44/46RE (Torqueflite) Instead it is INDEED the ??45RFE / 545RFE or whatever it's called. So THAT may be a dead issue LOL

Del, I am tellin you man. Get you a couple cans and a spray bottle of Ozium. Trust me?

Del, I am tellin you man. Get you a couple cans and a spray bottle of Ozium. Trust me?

It's way wors'n that. I almost got sick from the smell, outdoors on a breezy day. I tried not to touch the seats much getting them out, and even then went back in the house later "I" stunk LOL. No it's all going to the dump. Wasn't clean enough to save, anyhow

I may have to learn some'thun 'bout 45RFE LOL

It's way wors'n that. I almost got sick from the smell, outdoors on a breezy day. I tried not to touch the seats much getting them out, and even then went back in the house later "I" stunk LOL. No it's all going to the dump. Wasn't clean enough to save, anyhow

I may have to learn some'thun 'bout 45RFE LOL

Naw, I meant for the "rest" of the truck. The part you're keepin. LOL

Well if the 45RFE is workin, I think I would keep it. I think you scored.

Well yesterday I was busy, and "best" of all got all the upholstered goods off to the dump. Even in the open air, after bein' "aired out" they were nearly choking with "fumes." The bed is junk. Under the flares are rusted clear through

This morning it's "off to work" for 3 days

IMG_1465cs.JPG

IMG_1464cs.jpg

Well if the 45RFE is workin, I think I would keep it. I think you scored.

I have been searching to try to find "what it takes" to control the thing. So far there has been no definitive answer. Evidently it has a separate control module just for the transmission. Found one A bodies thread, someone claimed there is a "stand alone" Jeep module he used

Last night after work I got the inner fender splash pans out (plastic) and got one fender nearly to come off, and the useless bumper off. Plastic valence is OK

IMG_1466cs.JPG

Tonight got both fenders off and got the front rad support out WITHOUT pulling the radiator LMAO. If this support is "good" and if it fits, it will go into the white V6. This is an 01, the white V6 is a couple years earlier.

I hope to drive it awhile

IMG_1467cs.JPG

IMG_1468cs.JPG

^^LOOK AT THOSE TIRES!!^^

This weekend (rain predicted) I'd hoped to get the cab off and well on the way to junking it out, pull the column/ dash/ and front and rear glass if possible, and save the doors complete

I have a mint 97/v6/2wd on my hoist. Body is solid end to end. Still waiting for him to offer it up for sale. Would be a good flip.
You are determined if anything.
The smell alone would turn me away from it.

LOL the smell is pretty much gone. Ripping out the "all upholstry" and letting it sit for 2-3 days with the windows down, you can actually "stand" to be in it. I won't be in it much, the doors will come off soon, depending on the wx

Those tires look nice......as does the rear frame area that was under the bed.

LOL the smell is pretty much gone. Ripping out the "all upholstry" and letting it sit for 2-3 days with the windows down, you can actually "stand" to be in it. I won't be in it much, the doors will come off soon, depending on the wx
is it just animal smell? Or "Beyond BO" like on Seinfeld? Or could it have been a mobile meth lab?

is it just animal smell? Or "Beyond BO" like on Seinfeld? Or could it have been a mobile meth lab?

WAY beyond. I don't know what to make of it. But it's mostly gone, as will be the cab LOL. Again, terminal cancer

Today was (FINALLY) a milestone. Late this aft I finally got the dash and AC/ heater out. Only thing left now is the brake booster and front windshield (which I cracked, and am only going to remove it "for practice) and the rear window. Even with all the upholstry gone the damn thing still REEKS

Dude !!!
You are a mad man !!
How do you the energy to do all that you do ?

Today was (FINALLY) a milestone. Late this aft I finally got the dash and AC/ heater out. Only thing left now is the brake booster and front windshield (which I cracked, and am only going to remove it "for practice) and the rear window. Even with all the upholstry gone the damn thing still REEKS
be careful with that thing, it might be contaminated. My son and I cut a rear slider out of a Dakota to replace his that was destroyed by some jacka$$es, who were throwing rocks from an overpass onto I90. We had to do it in the winter, and so it was a biotch to cut the factory sealer. I hope it works better for you.

Dude !!!
You are a mad man !!
How do you the energy to do all that you do ?

It is tough, I am feeling my age, just turned 70. Been diagnosed "borderline diabetic" so now THAT is becoming a problem. I've said it before, I always think of power tools FIRST "how can I do this the easy way?"

Last edited:
I'm sorry you're borderline diabetic.
I like that you try to use tools for your advantage .
You were born the same year as my Dad 1948.
I'm glad you're still staying active !
I believe that is key !

Made some progress today, if you an consider junking out a straight body progress. Got the cab completely stripped except for front/ rear glass. I was going to save them both but broke the windshield. If I have the time, I'd like to "perfect" the removal procedure for "next time". "Just for practice." Next stop the scrap yard. And yeah.....the cab still REEKS!!!

Trailer was a freebie tent trailer I turned into a flatbed. Don't use it much but it IS useful. You can see the body rot. The rockers are gone, as you can see rotting clear up into the door opening. You can look down into the rear body extension after the side panels were off and SEE THE GROUND LOL

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

-
Back